|By Marketwired .||
|July 29, 2014 11:31 AM EDT||
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/29/14 -- The Internet of Everything (IoE) continues to bring together people, processes, data and things at an unparalleled rate. As IT organizations adapt to address new opportunities, success increasingly depends on whether IT and networking professionals gain the knowledge and skills essential to fulfill evolving industry job roles. Today, Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) announced a major revision of the CCNP® Routing and Switching certification; introduced specialist certifications pertaining to network programmability, the Internet of Things (IoT) and business transformation; and revealed other enterprise solutions training in collaboration. These offerings help enterprise professionals overcome challenges surrounding technology transitions and the demands for producing stronger business outcomes.
Dramatic technology transitions, business pressures for higher productivity, and the rising globalization and consumerization of IT are reshaping the nature of network and IT infrastructure job roles and associated skills. Technology innovations in automation, analytics and software-defined networking will result in systems that are easier to deploy, operate and evolve. Reskilling and comprehensive staff education across technical and business disciplines are also needed to manage risks and deliver innovative solutions for business transformation. Finally, continuous and extensive collaboration, within IT groups and among IT and Line of Business employees, are required to create superior IT-driven business outcomes.
Today's launch underscores Cisco's commitment to delivering high-impact certification and training programs for IT and OT networking professionals and learners. New offerings help workers gain capabilities essential for performing critical activities now, while also building the expertise needed to successfully perform future IT, OT and networking roles.
CCNP Routing and Switching Certification:
- As enterprises evolve to accommodate market and technology transitions, the role of the traditional network engineer will also transform. The Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing and Switching certification update is designed to keep pace with evolving job roles. The updates will provide learners with more current and forward looking educational topics, such as IPv6 addressing workforce mobility and the proliferation of Internet-connected devices while supporting network scale and accommodating the continued growth of IoE.
Network Programmability Specialists:
- Open networks have become an integral part of IT conversations globally. As this technology evolves, the opening up of the network and the network's virtualization will help organizations focus more on automation, creating new job roles while making routine networking tasks easier.
- Business Application Engineer, Network Application Developer, Network Programmability Design Specialist and Network Programmability Engineer job roles are emerging in the marketplace. To help enterprises benefit further from automation and keep pace with the changes involved in network design and operation, Cisco is introducing four Network Programmability Specialist certifications. These job-role oriented accreditations support technical staff in more closely integrating networking with business applications.
Cisco Industrial Networking Specialist:
- The convergence of Information and Operational Technologies is expanding IP Networking and Ethernet connectivity on the industrial plant floor. This creates demand for skilled professionals who understand three-way interactions among IT, networking and traditional control systems. Control system engineers and plant technicians will need to be reskilled on networking in order to do their jobs without stoppages or downtime.
- In order to help scale IoT, it is currently estimated that 220,000 IT/OT engineers are needed every year. The Cisco Industrial Networking Specialist Certification is the first step that Cisco and its partners are taking to address the skills gap challenge in the IoT arena.
Cisco Enterprise IT Business Specialist:
- Most technology initiatives are driven by an underlying business goal. Organizations are transforming business models and creating new digital strategies to maintain a competitive advantage, drive growth, gain flexibility and manage risk. CIOs and their HR staff seek technology professionals who understand business priorities, can maximize the financial benefits from IT investments and have the ability to communicate in terms familiar to business decision-makers. Certified Enterprise IT Business Specialists are able to distinguish themselves among peers, as effective role models who drive IT-enabled business transformation.
- The Cisco Enterprise IT Business Specialist certification provides technical candidates with a holistic set of skills. Related training helps mid-level IT professionals make stronger contributions to business-focused activities and decisions. Candidates gain knowledge and techniques enabling them to better understand how to define, design, implement and support IT projects, either within central IT or a Line of Business unit. The certification validates that candidates can understand business needs, appreciate the financial costs and benefits of an IT solution, identify actions to gain broader adoption of IT capabilities, plus influence and communicate effectively with business leaders.
Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise Training:
- In order to deliver the most efficient and effective IT-driven business outcomes, collaboration within the IT organization and between IT and business employees will be required. The Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) v10.0 Training helps learners to design, configure and deploy a leading and effective customer collaboration solution with integrated cloud and mobility features and APIs.
- Zeus Kerravala, founder and principal analyst, ZK Research: "Cisco's approach to technology innovation in the areas of automation, analytics and software-defined networking, or network programmability, results in systems that will be easier for organizations to deploy, operate, use and evolve. Following this innovation with comprehensive staff education, across both technical and business disciplines, will ensure IT organizations are getting the most from every IT staff member, as well as the technical systems and business processes they direct."
- Gary Pearsons, vice president and general manager, Customer Support and Maintenance Business, Rockwell Automation: "Manufacturers looking to establish a connected industrial enterprise require the ability to integrate information across IT and control systems. Cisco's announcement aligns with the need for collaboration between both the IT and operations organizations, driving the most effective and efficient enterprise-wide business outcomes. The Industrial Networking Specialist certification further expands the portfolio of products, solutions and services our customers can experience today through our collaboration with Cisco."
- Jeanne Beliveau-Dunn, vice president and general manager, [email protected]: "Over the past several years, our customers have seen constant pressure to use IT as a strategic lever to produce new outcomes for their businesses. They are looking for outcomes of increased productivity, faster growth and innovation as they globalize, and to mobilize their operations while better serving the digital consumer. This is leading to a rapid evolution in the way technology is implemented by organizations. In addition, the IoE continues to network people, processes, data and things, widening an already present skills gap. What we are seeing today is a new model of IT, one that is simple, smart and secure. As networks continue to accelerate along with IT metrics on all fronts, innovation, education and collaboration will be instrumental in preparing the workforce of tomorrow. The certification and training updates, along with the new specialist certifications being announced today, are designed to enable IT personnel to both add value to their skillsets and drive business value for their employers, helping eliminate the skills gap while preparing today's workforce for tomorrow's job roles."
- For more detailed information, including exam topics, please visit: http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/landing/outcomes.html
- Cisco Press has a complete and comprehensive suite of official learning solutions for the new CCNP Routing & Switching exams. New products include Foundation Learning and Official Certification Guides, Premium eBook & Practice Tests, Video Tutorials, Libraries, Exam Practice Packs, and Portable Command Guides. Visit http://ciscopress.com/ccnp
Social Media Destinations:
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/learningatcisco
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cisco-Career-Certifications/111552132193668
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=3443017
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/cisco
- RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Mar. 30, 2017 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,089
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Mar. 30, 2017 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,614
What sort of WebRTC based applications can we expect to see over the next year and beyond? One way to predict development trends is to see what sorts of applications startups are building. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Arin Sime, founder of WebRTC.ventures, will discuss the current and likely future trends in WebRTC application development based on real requests for custom applications from real customers, as well as other public sources of information,
Mar. 30, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,210
China Unicom exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, in November 2016. China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd ("China Unicom") was officially established in 2009 on the basis of the merger of former China Netcom and former China Unicom. China Unicom mainly operates a full range of telecommunications services including mobile broadband (GSM, WCDMA, LTE FDD, TD-LTE), fixed-line broadband, ICT, data communica...
Mar. 30, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,561
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ocean9will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Ocean9 provides cloud services for Backup, Disaster Recovery (DRaaS) and instant Innovation, and redefines enterprise infrastructure with its cloud native subscription offerings for mission critical SAP workloads.
Mar. 29, 2017 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,457
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Mar. 29, 2017 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,760
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Mar. 29, 2017 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,282
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Mar. 29, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,347
SYS-CON Events announced today that Technologic Systems Inc., an embedded systems solutions company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Technologic Systems is an embedded systems company with headquarters in Fountain Hills, Arizona. They have been in business for 32 years, helping more than 8,000 OEM customers and building over a hundred COTS products that have never been discontinued. Technologic Systems’ pr...
Mar. 29, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,893
SYS-CON Events announced today that Auditwerx will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Auditwerx specializes in SOC 1, SOC 2, and SOC 3 attestation services throughout the U.S. and Canada. As a division of Carr, Riggs & Ingram (CRI), one of the top 20 largest CPA firms nationally, you can expect the resources, skills, and experience of a much larger firm combined with the accessibility and attent...
Mar. 29, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 816
SYS-CON Events announced today that HTBase will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. HTBase (Gartner 2016 Cool Vendor) delivers a Composable IT infrastructure solution architected for agility and increased efficiency. It turns compute, storage, and fabric into fluid pools of resources that are easily composed and re-composed to meet each application’s needs. With HTBase, companies can quickly prov...
Mar. 29, 2017 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,348
SYS-CON Events announced today that Loom Systems will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Founded in 2015, Loom Systems delivers an advanced AI solution to predict and prevent problems in the digital business. Loom stands alone in the industry as an AI analysis platform requiring no prior math knowledge from operators, leveraging the existing staff to succeed in the digital era. With offices in S...
Mar. 29, 2017 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,815
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists peeled away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud enviro...
Mar. 29, 2017 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 7,995
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Mar. 29, 2017 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,642
SYS-CON Events announced today that Infranics will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Since 2000, Infranics has developed SysMaster Suite, which is required for the stable and efficient management of ICT infrastructure. The ICT management solution developed and provided by Infranics continues to add intelligence to the ICT infrastructure through the IMC (Infra Management Cycle) based on mathemat...
Mar. 29, 2017 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,516
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Mar. 29, 2017 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,798
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudistics, an on-premises cloud computing company, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloudistics delivers a complete public cloud experience with composable on-premises infrastructures to medium and large enterprises. Its software-defined technology natively converges network, storage, compute, virtualization, and management into a ...
Mar. 29, 2017 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,398
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Lachapelle, CEO of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), will provide an overview of various initiatives to certifiy the security of connected devices and future trends in ensuring public trust of IoT. Eric Lachapelle is the Chief Executive Officer of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), an international certification body. His role is to help companies and individuals to achieve professional, accredited and worldw...
Mar. 29, 2017 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 999
In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, David Shacochis, host of The Hybrid IT Files podcast and Vice President at CenturyLink, investigated three key trends of the “gigabit economy" though the story of a Fortune 500 communications company in transformation. Narrating how multi-modal hybrid IT, service automation, and agile delivery all intersect, he will cover the role of storytelling and empathy in achieving strategic alignment between the enterprise and its information technology.
Mar. 29, 2017 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 7,612
Microservices are a very exciting architectural approach that many organizations are looking to as a way to accelerate innovation. Microservices promise to allow teams to move away from monolithic "ball of mud" systems, but the reality is that, in the vast majority of organizations, different projects and technologies will continue to be developed at different speeds. How to handle the dependencies between these disparate systems with different iteration cycles? Consider the "canoncial problem" ...
Mar. 29, 2017 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 9,130