|By Marketwired .||
|July 29, 2014 11:31 AM EDT||
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/29/14 -- The Internet of Everything (IoE) continues to bring together people, processes, data and things at an unparalleled rate. As IT organizations adapt to address new opportunities, success increasingly depends on whether IT and networking professionals gain the knowledge and skills essential to fulfill evolving industry job roles. Today, Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) announced a major revision of the CCNP® Routing and Switching certification; introduced specialist certifications pertaining to network programmability, the Internet of Things (IoT) and business transformation; and revealed other enterprise solutions training in collaboration. These offerings help enterprise professionals overcome challenges surrounding technology transitions and the demands for producing stronger business outcomes.
Dramatic technology transitions, business pressures for higher productivity, and the rising globalization and consumerization of IT are reshaping the nature of network and IT infrastructure job roles and associated skills. Technology innovations in automation, analytics and software-defined networking will result in systems that are easier to deploy, operate and evolve. Reskilling and comprehensive staff education across technical and business disciplines are also needed to manage risks and deliver innovative solutions for business transformation. Finally, continuous and extensive collaboration, within IT groups and among IT and Line of Business employees, are required to create superior IT-driven business outcomes.
Today's launch underscores Cisco's commitment to delivering high-impact certification and training programs for IT and OT networking professionals and learners. New offerings help workers gain capabilities essential for performing critical activities now, while also building the expertise needed to successfully perform future IT, OT and networking roles.
CCNP Routing and Switching Certification:
- As enterprises evolve to accommodate market and technology transitions, the role of the traditional network engineer will also transform. The Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing and Switching certification update is designed to keep pace with evolving job roles. The updates will provide learners with more current and forward looking educational topics, such as IPv6 addressing workforce mobility and the proliferation of Internet-connected devices while supporting network scale and accommodating the continued growth of IoE.
Network Programmability Specialists:
- Open networks have become an integral part of IT conversations globally. As this technology evolves, the opening up of the network and the network's virtualization will help organizations focus more on automation, creating new job roles while making routine networking tasks easier.
- Business Application Engineer, Network Application Developer, Network Programmability Design Specialist and Network Programmability Engineer job roles are emerging in the marketplace. To help enterprises benefit further from automation and keep pace with the changes involved in network design and operation, Cisco is introducing four Network Programmability Specialist certifications. These job-role oriented accreditations support technical staff in more closely integrating networking with business applications.
Cisco Industrial Networking Specialist:
- The convergence of Information and Operational Technologies is expanding IP Networking and Ethernet connectivity on the industrial plant floor. This creates demand for skilled professionals who understand three-way interactions among IT, networking and traditional control systems. Control system engineers and plant technicians will need to be reskilled on networking in order to do their jobs without stoppages or downtime.
- In order to help scale IoT, it is currently estimated that 220,000 IT/OT engineers are needed every year. The Cisco Industrial Networking Specialist Certification is the first step that Cisco and its partners are taking to address the skills gap challenge in the IoT arena.
Cisco Enterprise IT Business Specialist:
- Most technology initiatives are driven by an underlying business goal. Organizations are transforming business models and creating new digital strategies to maintain a competitive advantage, drive growth, gain flexibility and manage risk. CIOs and their HR staff seek technology professionals who understand business priorities, can maximize the financial benefits from IT investments and have the ability to communicate in terms familiar to business decision-makers. Certified Enterprise IT Business Specialists are able to distinguish themselves among peers, as effective role models who drive IT-enabled business transformation.
- The Cisco Enterprise IT Business Specialist certification provides technical candidates with a holistic set of skills. Related training helps mid-level IT professionals make stronger contributions to business-focused activities and decisions. Candidates gain knowledge and techniques enabling them to better understand how to define, design, implement and support IT projects, either within central IT or a Line of Business unit. The certification validates that candidates can understand business needs, appreciate the financial costs and benefits of an IT solution, identify actions to gain broader adoption of IT capabilities, plus influence and communicate effectively with business leaders.
Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise Training:
- In order to deliver the most efficient and effective IT-driven business outcomes, collaboration within the IT organization and between IT and business employees will be required. The Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) v10.0 Training helps learners to design, configure and deploy a leading and effective customer collaboration solution with integrated cloud and mobility features and APIs.
- Zeus Kerravala, founder and principal analyst, ZK Research: "Cisco's approach to technology innovation in the areas of automation, analytics and software-defined networking, or network programmability, results in systems that will be easier for organizations to deploy, operate, use and evolve. Following this innovation with comprehensive staff education, across both technical and business disciplines, will ensure IT organizations are getting the most from every IT staff member, as well as the technical systems and business processes they direct."
- Gary Pearsons, vice president and general manager, Customer Support and Maintenance Business, Rockwell Automation: "Manufacturers looking to establish a connected industrial enterprise require the ability to integrate information across IT and control systems. Cisco's announcement aligns with the need for collaboration between both the IT and operations organizations, driving the most effective and efficient enterprise-wide business outcomes. The Industrial Networking Specialist certification further expands the portfolio of products, solutions and services our customers can experience today through our collaboration with Cisco."
- Jeanne Beliveau-Dunn, vice president and general manager, Learning@Cisco: "Over the past several years, our customers have seen constant pressure to use IT as a strategic lever to produce new outcomes for their businesses. They are looking for outcomes of increased productivity, faster growth and innovation as they globalize, and to mobilize their operations while better serving the digital consumer. This is leading to a rapid evolution in the way technology is implemented by organizations. In addition, the IoE continues to network people, processes, data and things, widening an already present skills gap. What we are seeing today is a new model of IT, one that is simple, smart and secure. As networks continue to accelerate along with IT metrics on all fronts, innovation, education and collaboration will be instrumental in preparing the workforce of tomorrow. The certification and training updates, along with the new specialist certifications being announced today, are designed to enable IT personnel to both add value to their skillsets and drive business value for their employers, helping eliminate the skills gap while preparing today's workforce for tomorrow's job roles."
- For more detailed information, including exam topics, please visit: http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/landing/outcomes.html
- Cisco Press has a complete and comprehensive suite of official learning solutions for the new CCNP Routing & Switching exams. New products include Foundation Learning and Official Certification Guides, Premium eBook & Practice Tests, Video Tutorials, Libraries, Exam Practice Packs, and Portable Command Guides. Visit http://ciscopress.com/ccnp
Social Media Destinations:
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/learningatcisco
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cisco-Career-Certifications/111552132193668
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=3443017
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/cisco
- RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
Press & Analyst Relations:
SYS-CON Events announced today that robomq.io will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. robomq.io is an interoperable and composable platform that connects any device to any application. It helps systems integrators and the solution providers build new and innovative products and service for industries requiring monitoring or intelligence from devices and sensors.
Apr. 1, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,653
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal today!
Apr. 1, 2015 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 684
SYS-CON Events announced today that Litmus Automation will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Litmus Automation’s vision is to provide a solution for companies that are in a rush to embrace the disruptive Internet of Things technology and leverage it for real business challenges. Litmus Automation simplifies the complexity of connected devices applications with Loop, a secure and scalable cloud platform.
Apr. 1, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 834
While not quite mainstream yet, WebRTC is starting to gain ground with Carriers, Enterprises and Independent Software Vendors (ISV’s) alike. WebRTC makes it easy for developers to add audio and video communications into their applications by using Web browsers as their platform. But like any market, every customer engagement has unique requirements, as well as constraints. And of course, one size does not fit all. In her session at WebRTC Summit, Dr. Natasha Tamaskar, Vice President, Head of Cloud and Mobile Strategy at GENBAND, will explore what is needed to take a real time communications ...
Apr. 1, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 759
As Marc Andreessen says software is eating the world. Everything is rapidly moving toward being software-defined – from our phones and cars through our washing machines to the datacenter. However, there are larger challenges when implementing software defined on a larger scale - when building software defined infrastructure. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Boyan Ivanov, CEO of StorPool, will provide some practical insights on what, how and why when implementing "software-defined" in the datacenter.
Apr. 1, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 703
SYS-CON Events announced today that Solgenia will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Solgenia is the global market leader in Cloud Collaboration and Cloud Infrastructure software solutions. Designed to “Bridge the Gap” between Personal and Professional Social, Mobile and Cloud user experiences, our solutions help large and medium-sized organizations dr...
Apr. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,128
Internet of Things (IoT) will be a hybrid ecosystem of diverse devices and sensors collaborating with operational and enterprise systems to create the next big application. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Bramh Gupta, founder and CEO of robomq.io, and Fred Yatzeck, principal architect leading product development at robomq.io, will discuss how choosing the right middleware and integration strategy from the get-go will enable IoT solution developers to adapt and grow with the industry, while at the same time reduce Time to Market (TTM) by using plug and play capabilities offered by a robust I...
Apr. 1, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 893
The world's leading Cloud event, Cloud Expo has launched Microservices Journal on the SYS-CON.com portal, featuring over 19,000 original articles, news stories, features, and blog entries. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. Microservices Journal offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. Follow new article posts on Twitter at @MicroservicesE
Apr. 1, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,632
After making a doctor’s appointment via your mobile device, you receive a calendar invite. The day of your appointment, you get a reminder with the doctor’s location and contact information. As you enter the doctor’s exam room, the medical team is equipped with the latest tablet containing your medical history – he or she makes real time updates to your medical file. At the end of your visit, you receive an electronic prescription to your preferred pharmacy and can schedule your next appointment.
Apr. 1, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,078
Wearable technology was dominant at this year’s International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) , and MWC was no exception to this trend. New versions of favorites, such as the Samsung Gear (three new products were released: the Gear 2, the Gear 2 Neo and the Gear Fit), shared the limelight with new wearables like Pebble Time Steel (the new premium version of the company’s previously released smartwatch) and the LG Watch Urbane. The most dramatic difference at MWC was an emphasis on presenting wearables as fashion accessories and moving away from the original clunky technology associated with t...
Apr. 1, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,661
SYS-CON Events announced today the IoT Bootcamp – Jumpstart Your IoT Strategy, being held June 9–10, 2015, in conjunction with 16th Cloud Expo and Internet of @ThingsExpo at the Javits Center in New York City. This is your chance to jumpstart your IoT strategy. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but includes hands-on demos and walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of Do-It-Yourself IoT platforms including Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark and Intel Edison. You will also get an overview of cloud technologies s...
Apr. 1, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,290
Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 16th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York June 9-11 will find fresh new content in a new track called PaaS | Containers & Microservices Containers are not being considered for the first time by the cloud community, but a current era of re-consideration has pushed them to the top of the cloud agenda. With the launch of Docker's initial release in March of 2013, interest was revved up several notches. Then late last...
Apr. 1, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,334
The WebRTC Summit 2015 New York, to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 16th International Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, Big Data Expo, and DevOps Summit.
Apr. 1, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,771
SOA Software has changed its name to Akana. With roots in Web Services and SOA Governance, Akana has established itself as a leader in API Management and is expanding into cloud integration as an alternative to the traditional heavyweight enterprise service bus (ESB). The company recently announced that it achieved more than 90% year-over-year growth. As Akana, the company now addresses the evolution and diversification of SOA, unifying security, management, and DevOps across SOA, APIs, microservices, and more.
Apr. 1, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,144
The list of ‘new paradigm’ technologies that now surrounds us appears to be at an all time high. From cloud computing and Big Data analytics to Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and the Internet of Things (IoT), today we have to deal with what the industry likes to call ‘paradigm shifts’ at every level of IT. This is disruption; of course, we understand that – change is almost always disruptive.
Mar. 30, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,228
SYS-CON Events announced today that SafeLogic has been named “Bag Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo® New York, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. SafeLogic provides security products for applications in mobile and server/appliance environments. SafeLogic’s flagship product CryptoComply is a FIPS 140-2 validated cryptographic engine designed to secure data on servers, workstations, appliances, mobile devices, and in the Cloud.
Mar. 30, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,594
GENBAND has announced that SageNet is leveraging the Nuvia platform to deliver Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) to its large base of retail and enterprise customers. Nuvia’s cloud-based solution provides SageNet’s customers with a full suite of business communications and collaboration tools. Two large national SageNet retail customers have recently signed up to deploy the Nuvia platform and the company will continue to sell the service to new and existing customers. Nuvia’s capabilities include HD voice, video, multimedia messaging, mobility, conferencing, Web collaboration, deskt...
Mar. 30, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,562
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Mar. 29, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,918
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cisco, the worldwide leader in IT that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cisco makes amazing things happen by connecting the unconnected. Cisco has shaped the future of the Internet by becoming the worldwide leader in transforming how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Cisco and our partners are building the platform for the Internet of Everything by connecting the...
Mar. 29, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,335
Temasys has announced senior management additions to its team. Joining are David Holloway as Vice President of Commercial and Nadine Yap as Vice President of Product. Over the past 12 months Temasys has doubled in size as it adds new customers and expands the development of its Skylink platform. Skylink leads the charge to move WebRTC, traditionally seen as a desktop, browser based technology, to become a ubiquitous web communications technology on web and mobile, as well as Internet of Things compatible devices.
Mar. 29, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,918