|By Marketwired .||
|July 29, 2014 11:31 AM EDT||
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/29/14 -- The Internet of Everything (IoE) continues to bring together people, processes, data and things at an unparalleled rate. As IT organizations adapt to address new opportunities, success increasingly depends on whether IT and networking professionals gain the knowledge and skills essential to fulfill evolving industry job roles. Today, Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) announced a major revision of the CCNP® Routing and Switching certification; introduced specialist certifications pertaining to network programmability, the Internet of Things (IoT) and business transformation; and revealed other enterprise solutions training in collaboration. These offerings help enterprise professionals overcome challenges surrounding technology transitions and the demands for producing stronger business outcomes.
Dramatic technology transitions, business pressures for higher productivity, and the rising globalization and consumerization of IT are reshaping the nature of network and IT infrastructure job roles and associated skills. Technology innovations in automation, analytics and software-defined networking will result in systems that are easier to deploy, operate and evolve. Reskilling and comprehensive staff education across technical and business disciplines are also needed to manage risks and deliver innovative solutions for business transformation. Finally, continuous and extensive collaboration, within IT groups and among IT and Line of Business employees, are required to create superior IT-driven business outcomes.
Today's launch underscores Cisco's commitment to delivering high-impact certification and training programs for IT and OT networking professionals and learners. New offerings help workers gain capabilities essential for performing critical activities now, while also building the expertise needed to successfully perform future IT, OT and networking roles.
CCNP Routing and Switching Certification:
- As enterprises evolve to accommodate market and technology transitions, the role of the traditional network engineer will also transform. The Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing and Switching certification update is designed to keep pace with evolving job roles. The updates will provide learners with more current and forward looking educational topics, such as IPv6 addressing workforce mobility and the proliferation of Internet-connected devices while supporting network scale and accommodating the continued growth of IoE.
Network Programmability Specialists:
- Open networks have become an integral part of IT conversations globally. As this technology evolves, the opening up of the network and the network's virtualization will help organizations focus more on automation, creating new job roles while making routine networking tasks easier.
- Business Application Engineer, Network Application Developer, Network Programmability Design Specialist and Network Programmability Engineer job roles are emerging in the marketplace. To help enterprises benefit further from automation and keep pace with the changes involved in network design and operation, Cisco is introducing four Network Programmability Specialist certifications. These job-role oriented accreditations support technical staff in more closely integrating networking with business applications.
Cisco Industrial Networking Specialist:
- The convergence of Information and Operational Technologies is expanding IP Networking and Ethernet connectivity on the industrial plant floor. This creates demand for skilled professionals who understand three-way interactions among IT, networking and traditional control systems. Control system engineers and plant technicians will need to be reskilled on networking in order to do their jobs without stoppages or downtime.
- In order to help scale IoT, it is currently estimated that 220,000 IT/OT engineers are needed every year. The Cisco Industrial Networking Specialist Certification is the first step that Cisco and its partners are taking to address the skills gap challenge in the IoT arena.
Cisco Enterprise IT Business Specialist:
- Most technology initiatives are driven by an underlying business goal. Organizations are transforming business models and creating new digital strategies to maintain a competitive advantage, drive growth, gain flexibility and manage risk. CIOs and their HR staff seek technology professionals who understand business priorities, can maximize the financial benefits from IT investments and have the ability to communicate in terms familiar to business decision-makers. Certified Enterprise IT Business Specialists are able to distinguish themselves among peers, as effective role models who drive IT-enabled business transformation.
- The Cisco Enterprise IT Business Specialist certification provides technical candidates with a holistic set of skills. Related training helps mid-level IT professionals make stronger contributions to business-focused activities and decisions. Candidates gain knowledge and techniques enabling them to better understand how to define, design, implement and support IT projects, either within central IT or a Line of Business unit. The certification validates that candidates can understand business needs, appreciate the financial costs and benefits of an IT solution, identify actions to gain broader adoption of IT capabilities, plus influence and communicate effectively with business leaders.
Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise Training:
- In order to deliver the most efficient and effective IT-driven business outcomes, collaboration within the IT organization and between IT and business employees will be required. The Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) v10.0 Training helps learners to design, configure and deploy a leading and effective customer collaboration solution with integrated cloud and mobility features and APIs.
- Zeus Kerravala, founder and principal analyst, ZK Research: "Cisco's approach to technology innovation in the areas of automation, analytics and software-defined networking, or network programmability, results in systems that will be easier for organizations to deploy, operate, use and evolve. Following this innovation with comprehensive staff education, across both technical and business disciplines, will ensure IT organizations are getting the most from every IT staff member, as well as the technical systems and business processes they direct."
- Gary Pearsons, vice president and general manager, Customer Support and Maintenance Business, Rockwell Automation: "Manufacturers looking to establish a connected industrial enterprise require the ability to integrate information across IT and control systems. Cisco's announcement aligns with the need for collaboration between both the IT and operations organizations, driving the most effective and efficient enterprise-wide business outcomes. The Industrial Networking Specialist certification further expands the portfolio of products, solutions and services our customers can experience today through our collaboration with Cisco."
- Jeanne Beliveau-Dunn, vice president and general manager, Learning@Cisco: "Over the past several years, our customers have seen constant pressure to use IT as a strategic lever to produce new outcomes for their businesses. They are looking for outcomes of increased productivity, faster growth and innovation as they globalize, and to mobilize their operations while better serving the digital consumer. This is leading to a rapid evolution in the way technology is implemented by organizations. In addition, the IoE continues to network people, processes, data and things, widening an already present skills gap. What we are seeing today is a new model of IT, one that is simple, smart and secure. As networks continue to accelerate along with IT metrics on all fronts, innovation, education and collaboration will be instrumental in preparing the workforce of tomorrow. The certification and training updates, along with the new specialist certifications being announced today, are designed to enable IT personnel to both add value to their skillsets and drive business value for their employers, helping eliminate the skills gap while preparing today's workforce for tomorrow's job roles."
- For more detailed information, including exam topics, please visit: http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/landing/outcomes.html
- Cisco Press has a complete and comprehensive suite of official learning solutions for the new CCNP Routing & Switching exams. New products include Foundation Learning and Official Certification Guides, Premium eBook & Practice Tests, Video Tutorials, Libraries, Exam Practice Packs, and Portable Command Guides. Visit http://ciscopress.com/ccnp
Social Media Destinations:
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/learningatcisco
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cisco-Career-Certifications/111552132193668
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=3443017
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/cisco
- RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
Press & Analyst Relations:
SYS-CON Events announced today that Secure Infrastructure & Services will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS) is a managed services provider of cloud computing solutions for the IBM Power Systems market. The company helps mid-market firms built on IBM hardware platforms to deploy new levels of reliable and cost-effective computing and high availability solutions, leveraging the cloud and the benefits of Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS...
Jul. 6, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 807
The enterprise market will drive IoT device adoption over the next five years. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Greenough, an analyst at BI Intelligence, division of Business Insider, analyzed how companies will adopt IoT products and the associated cost of adopting those products. John Greenough is the lead analyst covering the Internet of Things for BI Intelligence- Business Insider’s paid research service. Numerous IoT companies have cited his analysis of the IoT. Prior to joining BI Intelligence, he worked analyzing bank technology for Corporate Insight and The Clearing House Payment...
Jul. 6, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 576
The 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - announces that its Call for Papers is open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than
Jul. 6, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,019
SYS-CON Events announced today that ProfitBricks, the provider of painless cloud infrastructure, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ProfitBricks is the IaaS provider that offers a painless cloud experience for all IT users, with no learning curve. ProfitBricks boasts flexible cloud servers and networking, an integrated Data Center Designer tool for visual control over the cloud and the best price/performance value available. ProfitBricks was named one of the coolest Clo...
Jul. 6, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,470
"In the IoT space we are helping customers, mostly enterprises and industry verticals where time-to-value is critical, and we help them with the ability to do faster insights and actions using our platform so they can transform their business operations," explained Venkat Eswara, VP of Marketing at Vitria, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 6, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 306
SYS-CON Events announced today that WHOA.com, an ISO 27001 Certified secure cloud computing company, participated as “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo® New York, which took place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. WHOA.com is a leader in next-generation, ISO 27001 Certified secure cloud solutions. WHOA.com offers a comprehensive portfolio of best-in-class cloud services for business including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Secure Cloud Desktop, Cloud Storage, Disaster Recovery, Integrated Applications and Security.
Jul. 6, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 511
SYS-CON Events announced today that Intelligent Systems Services will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Established in 1994, Intelligent Systems Services Inc. is located near Washington, DC, with representatives and partners nationwide. ISS’s well-established track record is based on the continuous pursuit of excellence in designing, implementing and supporting nationwide clients’ mission-critical systems. ISS has completed many successful projects in Healthcare, Commercial, Manu...
Jul. 6, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 553
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of profound change in the industry.
Jul. 6, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 651
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal an...
Jul. 6, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 692
SYS-CON Events announced today that kintone has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. kintone promotes cloud-based workgroup productivity, transparency and profitability with a seamless collaboration space, build your own business application (BYOA) platform, and workflow automation system.
Jul. 6, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,489
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftLayer operates a global cloud infrastructure platform built for Internet scale. With a global footprint of data centers and network points of presence, SoftLayer provides infrastructure as a service to leading-edge customers ranging from Web startups to global enterprises. SoftLayer’s modular architecture, full-featured API, and sophisticated automation pro...
Jul. 6, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,551
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect their organization.
Jul. 6, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 564
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some form of XaaS – software, platform, and infrastructure as a service.
Jul. 6, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 668
SYS-CON Events announced today that CommVault has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unp...
Jul. 6, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,466
"ciqada is a combined platform of hardware modules and server products that lets people take their existing devices or new devices and lets them be accessible over the Internet for their users," noted Geoff Engelstein of ciqada, a division of Mars International, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 6, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 354
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists peeled away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud environment, and we must architect and code accordingly. At the very least, you'll have no problem fillin...
Jul. 6, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,815
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal today!
Jul. 6, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 671
The 5th International DevOps Summit, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo – being held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Among the proven benefits, DevOps is corr...
Jul. 6, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 758
Internet of Things (IoT) will be a hybrid ecosystem of diverse devices and sensors collaborating with operational and enterprise systems to create the next big application. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Bramh Gupta, founder and CEO of robomq.io, and Fred Yatzeck, principal architect leading product development at robomq.io, discussed how choosing the right middleware and integration strategy from the get-go will enable IoT solution developers to adapt and grow with the industry, while at the same time reduce Time to Market (TTM) by using plug and play capabilities offered by a robust IoT ...
Jul. 6, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,239
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, will explore the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving this change including privacy controls, data transparency and integration of real time context wi...
Jul. 6, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 524