|By Business Wire||
|June 6, 2014 01:39 PM EDT||
ZUORA, the subscription billing, commerce and finance leader, capped off Subscribed 2014, the only conference uniquely designed to help leaders in finance, IT, marketing, operations and sales embrace subscription models to reinvent and modernize their businesses.
RECORD ATTENDANCE of nearly 1300 Subscribed attendees and an additional 540 live stream viewers. This is nearly double the attendance of the Subscribed 2013 conference held only 9 months ago.
NEARLY 100 NOTABLE SPEAKERS from high growth companies and large global enterprises, including:
- David Wadhwani, SVP & GM, Adobe
- Mike Kail, CIO, Netflix
- Neil Williams, CFO, Intuit
- JB Wood, CEO, Technology Services Industry Association (TSIA) and author of B4B
- Andrew McAfee, Principal Research Scientist, MIT and author of The Second Machine Age
- Alan Parsons, Producer, Engineer & Artist, The Alan Parsons Project
- Cathy MacDonald, CIO, Xplornet
- Peter Coffee, VP, Stratgic Research, Salesforce
- Thomas Salmen, CIO, Telecom New Zealand
- Ben Shields, Partner, Deloitte
- Mark Fields, CTO, Thermo Fisher
- Hans Wald, CIO, Thomas Publishing
- Jim Franklin, CEO, Sendgrid
- Lenin Cruz, CIO, Connect America
- Clodagh Murphy, Managing Director, Eclipse
- Jeremy Crawford, COO, MLS Listings
EXEMPLARY ECOSYSTEM of 30 partner sponsors, including PwC, Accenture, Deloitte, and Salesforce
REPRESENTATION FROM DIVERSE INDUSTRIES: attendees and speakers represented a diverse cross section of industries: media, telecom, healthcare, internet-of-things proving that the Subscription Economy is a phenomenon that cuts across every industry.
THE LAUNCH OF Z-BUSINESS NINE, the latest edition of Zuora’s Relationship Business Management (RBM) solution designed specifically for global, multi-divisional enterprises that are reinventing their business models around recurring revenue. Z-Business Nine delivers massive scalability, the highest levels of security and compliance, flexible data access controls, and connectors and reference architectures that give enterprises the tools to allow NINE to co-exist with legacy ERP systems.
5O NEW FEATURES UNVEILED, across all editions of Z-Business, the highlights of which include:
FEATURE ENTITLEMENTS to help businesses easily personalize offerings for customers and streamline downstream provisioning processes.
GUIDED SELLING designed for businesses that have large, complex catalogs and therefore need to guide sales and service professionals to the right products and right add-ons in an intuitive, amazon-like browsing experience.
NEW CONFIGURATION OPTIONS for e-commerce hosted pages that make for an easy, intuitive checkout experience and reduce checkout abandonment.
CONDITIONAL LOGIC ON INVOICES that will allow enterprises to dynamically tailor the branding and content that is inserted on invoices based on information about the customer
OUT-OF-BOX INTEGRATION WITH AVALARA for customers that do business in a large number of taxable regions with complex tax calculation and remittance needs
DOUBLING THE NUMBER OF PAYMENT GATEWAYS AND PAYMENT PARTNERS to allow global businesses to accept payments in over 100 countries
FOREIGN CURRENCY CONVERSION for businesses that transact in multiple currencies and need to roll up their transactions to a single home currency
AUTOMATED JOURNAL ENTRIES to help subscription businesses summarize their recurring transactions into debits and credits, that can be fed into any accounting system application.
ABILITY TO VIEW UNBILLED DEFERRED REVENUE a key indicator of the financial health of any subscription business.
A HOST OF NEW SECURITY FEATURES, including two-factor authentication, Single Sign-On (SSO), IP address restrictions to reduce the threat of security breaches at point of authentication, and SMTP email configuration to reduce the threat of email phishing.
A CAPACITY BOOSTER, allowing enterprise CIOs to deliver the scalability that can process 375 synchronous orders per second and deliver millisecond response times across the globe.
DATA ACCESS CONTROLS that allows CIOs to determine how data is shared or isolated between different business units.
SUBSCRIBED ‘14 TWITTER HIGHLIGHTS
- Brent Leary, @BrentLeary: [email protected]: Zuora customers generated 600M customer moments, 20M payments in last 12 months; 5.5B pieces of customer data. #Subscribed14”
- Trendsmap SF, @TrendsSF: “#Subscribed14 is now trending in #SF trendsmap.com/us/san+francisco”
- Jessica Szeto, @jlszeto: “Z-connect puts power into the hands of the CIO enabling further #oracle #SAP and #Salesforce integration! #Subscribed14 @Zuora”
- Nick Mehta, @nmehta: “So amazing to see how far @tientzuo and the @ Zuora team have taken this company and industry. #Subscribed14”
- Adobe, @Adobe: “Our SVP @DWadhwani shares a story of our all-in transition to subscriptions at #Subscribed14”
- Cortney Gogarty, @cgogarty: [email protected] - how does the @HasOffers Finance Team get their hands on this dashboard feature early on?? ;) ;) ;) #Subscribed14”
- Michael Geller, @mgeller142: “At #Subscribed14 - product team launching some very cool features. Congratulations @Zuora! Great to see the subscription economy growing.”
- Christopher Hennes, @cchennes: [email protected]: @cchennes...favorite feature feedback...Many will be useful; Conditional Invoices will give us a LOT of mileage!”
- Peter Coffee, @petercoffee: “New bus. models “must embrace 3 constituencies: geeks, machines, & outsiders” @amcafee #Subscribed14”
- Derek Slayton, @TheDerekSlayton: “Extremely impressed with the Zuora conference today. Great speakers & excellent content, these guys get it.”
- Cole P, @colepcannon: [email protected] says being a CFO is cool right now! CFO role is changing, especially in the #subscriptioneconomy #Subscribed14 #TheNewCFO”
- Martin Doettling, @mdoettling: “Alan Parsons talks about buying pantyhose to suppress mic wind noise in Beatles’ famous rooftop show. #Subscribed14”
- Tyler Sloat, @tylersloat: “#Subscribed14… The only issue is that every session is standing room only. Next year, Moscone here we come”
DAY 1 LIVE STREAM REPLAY: Subscribed
2014 CEO Keynote
- Tien Tzuo, CEO, Zuora
- David Wadhwani, SVP & GM, Adobe
- Ben Shields, Partner, Deloitte
- Mark Fields, CTO, Thermo Fisher
- Thomas Salmen, CIO, Telecom New Zealand
DAY 1 LIVE STREAM REPLAY: Where
Tech is Headed
- Mike Pearl, Technology & Cloud Computing Consulting Leader, PWC
- JB Wood, CEO, TSIA
DAY 2 LIVE STREAM REPLAY: The
Second Machine Age + Zuora’s Product Keynote
- Andrew McAfee, Principal Research Scientist, MIT
- Guillaume Vives, SVP Product, Zuora
- FORBES: Zuora: What Comes After ERP & CRM
- FORTUNE: It’s a Susbcription Economy, and You’re Just Living in It
- CIO MAGAZINE: Tech Industry Subscribes to New Revenue Model, June 5th
- STRICTLY VC: The Pain and Pleasure of Cloud Based Subscription Billing
- BEAGLE RESEARCH: Zuora Swings for the Fences, June 3rd
- PRESS RELEASE: Zuora Announces Z-Business Nine, Worlds First Relationship Business Management Platform for Global Enterprises, June 3rd
- DASHEROO BLOG: Zuora Subscribed 2014 Event -- Takeaways
- Z-BLOG: Subscribed ‘14, The Verdict is in!, June 3rd
- Z-BLOG: Subscribed ‘14: Andy McAfee, The Coming Robot Apocalypse, June 4th
- Z-BLOG: Introducing Entitlements & Guided Selling in Zuora, June 4th
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Dec. 6, 2016 08:45 AM EST Reads: 7,115
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, drew together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established compa...
Dec. 6, 2016 08:30 AM EST Reads: 873
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Dec. 6, 2016 08:30 AM EST Reads: 1,326
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Dec. 6, 2016 08:15 AM EST Reads: 1,667
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 6, 2016 07:15 AM EST Reads: 1,829
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Dec. 6, 2016 07:15 AM EST Reads: 727
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 6, 2016 07:00 AM EST Reads: 830
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 6, 2016 06:30 AM EST Reads: 1,120
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Dec. 6, 2016 06:00 AM EST Reads: 482
Internet-of-Things discussions can end up either going down the consumer gadget rabbit hole or focused on the sort of data logging that industrial manufacturers have been doing forever. However, in fact, companies today are already using IoT data both to optimize their operational technology and to improve the experience of customer interactions in novel ways. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Gordon Haff, Red Hat Technology Evangelist, will share examples from a wide range of industries – includin...
Dec. 6, 2016 05:00 AM EST Reads: 1,651
"We build IoT infrastructure products - when you have to integrate different devices, different systems and cloud you have to build an application to do that but we eliminate the need to build an application. Our products can integrate any device, any system, any cloud regardless of protocol," explained Peter Jung, Chief Product Officer at Pulzze Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 04:45 AM EST Reads: 1,001
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Dec. 6, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 1,935
"We're a cybersecurity firm that specializes in engineering security solutions both at the software and hardware level. Security cannot be an after-the-fact afterthought, which is what it's become," stated Richard Blech, Chief Executive Officer at Secure Channels, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 861
According to Forrester Research, every business will become either a digital predator or digital prey by 2020. To avoid demise, organizations must rapidly create new sources of value in their end-to-end customer experiences. True digital predators also must break down information and process silos and extend digital transformation initiatives to empower employees with the digital resources needed to win, serve, and retain customers.
Dec. 6, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 1,201
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Dec. 6, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 4,593
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, discussed how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team at D...
Dec. 6, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 909
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 5, 2016 10:30 PM EST Reads: 1,062
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and sh...
Dec. 5, 2016 08:45 PM EST Reads: 565
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Dec. 5, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 2,239
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Onalytica. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Dec. 5, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 2,100