|By Business Wire||
|June 3, 2014 09:01 AM EDT||
Dell today announced continued momentum in helping customers deploy highly effective strategies for protecting vital systems and crucial data from ever-increasing security risks. According to a recent Dell Global Security Survey, a new generation of cyber-attacks stemming from megatrends, such as BYOD, mobility, cloud computing and Internet of Things, introduces a multitude of new risks that are compounded by a rise in both accidental and malicious internal actions.
The survey revealed that 76 percent of IT leaders polled (93 percent in the United States) agree that combating today’s threats requires companies to protect complete company perimeters—both inside and outside the organization. Together, Dell KACE and Dell SonicWALL elevate “perimeter” protection for customers by increasing endpoint and network security.
“We know it’s crucial to safeguard every aspect of our customers’ environments—from the data to the endpoint to the cloud,” said Tom Kendra, vice president and general manager, Systems Management, Dell Software. “Dell is dedicated to becoming the easiest technology company to do business with and helping our customers achieve their full potential. That’s why customers who choose Dell’s Connected Security solutions, including Dell KACE and Dell SonicWALL, are well positioned to reduce risks, increase network visibility and decrease IT and security administration.”
Amerijet Soars to New Heights of Customer Service with End-to-End Dell IT Innovations
- Amerijet International, a full-service, multi-modal transportation and logistics company, carries more than 200 million pounds of freight annually to more than 550 destinations worldwide, requiring fast, efficient and secure access to the company’s cargo management applications.
- Amerijet partnered with Dell to build a next-gen data center with world-class hardware, software and services to better support organic growth while improving endpoint and network security.
- Dell SonicWALL next-generation firewalls provide centralized management, application-layer visibility as well as integrated intrusion detection and prevention to secure the network. Amerijet has implemented Dell SonicWALL E-Class SRA EX7000 appliances to ensure safe VPN connectivity for remote workers from nearly 100 global locations while the E-Class Email Security Appliance (ESA) E8300 provides comprehensive email security protection.
- The company also implemented KACE Systems Management appliances to streamline software inventory, distribution and patching while safeguarding critical endpoints from potential security risks.
- “We can get more planes in the air faster and meet more customs cutoff times for freight clearance with our new Dell infrastructure,” said Jennifer Torlone, senior director, Technology and Information Services, Amerijet Holdings, Inc. “Not only have we built a virtual foundation for growth, we have added state-of-the-art network and endpoint security to protect vital systems. During a recent security audit, we proved how well KACE and SonicWALL work together when in five minutes we were able to identify a potential security issue and address it immediately.”
Cresa Relies on Dell KACE and Dell SonicWALL for Greater Visibility and Control
- Cresa, an international commercial real estate firm, has 58 offices in North America and another 200 locations worldwide, with 800 employees focused solely on representing tenants. With government clients and others in regulated industries, Cresa requires the highest level of security and data protection.
- To improve visibility into its desktop environment, including approximately 1,000 critical endpoints, Cresa relies on Dell KACE Systems Management Appliances to automate device discovery and inventory, patch management and software distribution.
- The company also takes advantage of the reliability, scalability and manageability of Dell SonicWALL firewalls to protect its dispersed office networks.
- “With Dell’s endpoint and network security, we have excellent visibility and complete control over our environment,” said Gene Glekel, national director of IT for Cresa. “We can kick off a software deployment with the KACE appliance and be certain that it’s going to touch every single machine, so we can ensure security for our clients’ data.”
Church of the Highlands Counts on End-to-End Dell Infrastructure and Connected Security
- Church of the Highlands, a “mega church” in Alabama, broadcasts live sermons to more than 26,000 people across eight physical campuses and thousands of online viewers. To film and stream the live sermons, the organization relies on Dell for powerful data center, storage and networking capabilities along with leading-edge endpoint and network security.
- To reduce vulnerabilities anywhere in its network, Church of the Highlands uses Dell SonicWALL next-generation firewalls to protect in excess of 4,000 connections to its WiFi network and another thousand connections at each campus on Sundays.
- Additionally, the church has bolstered visibility into desktops, other network devices and installed software using the Dell KACE Systems Management appliances. Software asset management has been improved for elevated software license compliance.
- “We can count on Dell SonicWALL to stop every kind of attack on our network from viruses and hacking to denial-of-service attacks,” said Shane Hamlin, IT Manager, Church of the Highlands. “With Dell KACE, we can see what software is running on every device; providing accurate information about which machines have been patched ensures that all systems are up-to-date and secure.”
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/dellsecurity
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dellsecurity
- Dell YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/DellSoftwareVideo
- Dell Connected Security: http://www.dell.com/security
- Amerijet Video and Case Study
- Cresa Case Study
- Church of the Highlands Case Study
Dell Connected Security
Dell’s Connected Security vision and portfolio of solutions give customers the power to solve their biggest security and compliance challenges today from device to datacenter to cloud in a connected and contextual way. With this set of powerful and Connected Security solutions, Dell’s customers can mitigate risks, and, as a result, accelerate their results.
Dell KACE Delivers Comprehensive Endpoint Systems Management
The award-wining Dell KACE systems management appliances provide comprehensive, easy-to-use and affordable solutions for securing and maintaining critical IT assets. Dell ESM delivers endpoint systems management capabilities in an appliance-based architecture that simplifies deployment and ensures fast time to value. Dell KACE also provides world-class systems management capabilities as part of Dell’s Enterprise Mobility Management solution. For more information, visit www.dell.com/kace.
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
A critical component of any IoT project is the back-end systems that capture data from remote IoT devices and structure it in a way to answer useful questions. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle large data sets, but they are not well suited to many IoT-scale products and the need for real-time insights. At Fuze, we have developed a backend platform as part of our mobility-oriented cloud service that uses Big Data-based approache...
May. 5, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 755
trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vice president of product management, IoT solutions at GlobalSign, will teach IoT developers how t...
May. 5, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 703
Digital payments using wearable devices such as smart watches, fitness trackers, and payment wristbands are an increasing area of focus for industry participants, and consumer acceptance from early trials and deployments has encouraged some of the biggest names in technology and banking to continue their push to drive growth in this nascent market. Wearable payment systems may utilize near field communication (NFC), radio frequency identification (RFID), or quick response (QR) codes and barcodes...
May. 5, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,057
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 5, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,482
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
May. 5, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 749
The demand for organizations to expand their infrastructure to multiple IT environments like the cloud, on-premise, mobile, bring your own device (BYOD) and the Internet of Things (IoT) continues to grow. As this hybrid infrastructure increases, the challenge to monitor the security of these systems increases in volume and complexity. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty, Chief Security Evangelist at Alert Logic, will show how properly configured and managed security architecture can...
May. 5, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 574
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, will explain how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
May. 5, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,349
There is an ever-growing explosion of new devices that are connected to the Internet using “cloud” solutions. This rapid growth is creating a massive new demand for efficient access to data. And it’s not just about connecting to that data anymore. This new demand is bringing new issues and challenges and it is important for companies to scale for the coming growth. And with that scaling comes the need for greater security, gathering and data analysis, storage, connectivity and, of course, the...
May. 5, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,313
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 5, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,020
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
May. 5, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,566
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 5, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,462
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 5, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,487
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
May. 5, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,275
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 5, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,392
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
May. 5, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,354
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
May. 5, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,323
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, will discuss how leveraging the Industrial Interne...
May. 5, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,414
The increasing popularity of the Internet of Things necessitates that our physical and cognitive relationship with wearable technology will change rapidly in the near future. This advent means logging has become a thing of the past. Before, it was on us to track our own data, but now that data is automatically available. What does this mean for mHealth and the "connected" body? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Lisa Calkins, CEO and co-founder of Amadeus Consulting, will discuss the impact of wea...
May. 5, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,236
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
May. 4, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,287
You deployed your app with the Bluemix PaaS and it's gaining some serious traction, so it's time to make some tweaks. Did you design your application in a way that it can scale in the cloud? Were you even thinking about the cloud when you built the app? If not, chances are your app is going to break. Check out this webcast to learn various techniques for designing applications that will scale successfully in Bluemix, for the confidence you need to take your apps to the next level and beyond.
May. 3, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,653