|By Business Wire||
|June 3, 2014 09:01 AM EDT||
Dell today announced continued momentum in helping customers deploy highly effective strategies for protecting vital systems and crucial data from ever-increasing security risks. According to a recent Dell Global Security Survey, a new generation of cyber-attacks stemming from megatrends, such as BYOD, mobility, cloud computing and Internet of Things, introduces a multitude of new risks that are compounded by a rise in both accidental and malicious internal actions.
The survey revealed that 76 percent of IT leaders polled (93 percent in the United States) agree that combating today’s threats requires companies to protect complete company perimeters—both inside and outside the organization. Together, Dell KACE and Dell SonicWALL elevate “perimeter” protection for customers by increasing endpoint and network security.
“We know it’s crucial to safeguard every aspect of our customers’ environments—from the data to the endpoint to the cloud,” said Tom Kendra, vice president and general manager, Systems Management, Dell Software. “Dell is dedicated to becoming the easiest technology company to do business with and helping our customers achieve their full potential. That’s why customers who choose Dell’s Connected Security solutions, including Dell KACE and Dell SonicWALL, are well positioned to reduce risks, increase network visibility and decrease IT and security administration.”
Amerijet Soars to New Heights of Customer Service with End-to-End Dell IT Innovations
- Amerijet International, a full-service, multi-modal transportation and logistics company, carries more than 200 million pounds of freight annually to more than 550 destinations worldwide, requiring fast, efficient and secure access to the company’s cargo management applications.
- Amerijet partnered with Dell to build a next-gen data center with world-class hardware, software and services to better support organic growth while improving endpoint and network security.
- Dell SonicWALL next-generation firewalls provide centralized management, application-layer visibility as well as integrated intrusion detection and prevention to secure the network. Amerijet has implemented Dell SonicWALL E-Class SRA EX7000 appliances to ensure safe VPN connectivity for remote workers from nearly 100 global locations while the E-Class Email Security Appliance (ESA) E8300 provides comprehensive email security protection.
- The company also implemented KACE Systems Management appliances to streamline software inventory, distribution and patching while safeguarding critical endpoints from potential security risks.
- “We can get more planes in the air faster and meet more customs cutoff times for freight clearance with our new Dell infrastructure,” said Jennifer Torlone, senior director, Technology and Information Services, Amerijet Holdings, Inc. “Not only have we built a virtual foundation for growth, we have added state-of-the-art network and endpoint security to protect vital systems. During a recent security audit, we proved how well KACE and SonicWALL work together when in five minutes we were able to identify a potential security issue and address it immediately.”
Cresa Relies on Dell KACE and Dell SonicWALL for Greater Visibility and Control
- Cresa, an international commercial real estate firm, has 58 offices in North America and another 200 locations worldwide, with 800 employees focused solely on representing tenants. With government clients and others in regulated industries, Cresa requires the highest level of security and data protection.
- To improve visibility into its desktop environment, including approximately 1,000 critical endpoints, Cresa relies on Dell KACE Systems Management Appliances to automate device discovery and inventory, patch management and software distribution.
- The company also takes advantage of the reliability, scalability and manageability of Dell SonicWALL firewalls to protect its dispersed office networks.
- “With Dell’s endpoint and network security, we have excellent visibility and complete control over our environment,” said Gene Glekel, national director of IT for Cresa. “We can kick off a software deployment with the KACE appliance and be certain that it’s going to touch every single machine, so we can ensure security for our clients’ data.”
Church of the Highlands Counts on End-to-End Dell Infrastructure and Connected Security
- Church of the Highlands, a “mega church” in Alabama, broadcasts live sermons to more than 26,000 people across eight physical campuses and thousands of online viewers. To film and stream the live sermons, the organization relies on Dell for powerful data center, storage and networking capabilities along with leading-edge endpoint and network security.
- To reduce vulnerabilities anywhere in its network, Church of the Highlands uses Dell SonicWALL next-generation firewalls to protect in excess of 4,000 connections to its WiFi network and another thousand connections at each campus on Sundays.
- Additionally, the church has bolstered visibility into desktops, other network devices and installed software using the Dell KACE Systems Management appliances. Software asset management has been improved for elevated software license compliance.
- “We can count on Dell SonicWALL to stop every kind of attack on our network from viruses and hacking to denial-of-service attacks,” said Shane Hamlin, IT Manager, Church of the Highlands. “With Dell KACE, we can see what software is running on every device; providing accurate information about which machines have been patched ensures that all systems are up-to-date and secure.”
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/dellsecurity
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dellsecurity
- Dell YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/DellSoftwareVideo
- Dell Connected Security: http://www.dell.com/security
- Amerijet Video and Case Study
- Cresa Case Study
- Church of the Highlands Case Study
Dell Connected Security
Dell’s Connected Security vision and portfolio of solutions give customers the power to solve their biggest security and compliance challenges today from device to datacenter to cloud in a connected and contextual way. With this set of powerful and Connected Security solutions, Dell’s customers can mitigate risks, and, as a result, accelerate their results.
Dell KACE Delivers Comprehensive Endpoint Systems Management
The award-wining Dell KACE systems management appliances provide comprehensive, easy-to-use and affordable solutions for securing and maintaining critical IT assets. Dell ESM delivers endpoint systems management capabilities in an appliance-based architecture that simplifies deployment and ensures fast time to value. Dell KACE also provides world-class systems management capabilities as part of Dell’s Enterprise Mobility Management solution. For more information, visit www.dell.com/kace.
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
In addition to all the benefits, IoT is also bringing new kind of customer experience challenges - cars that unlock themselves, thermostats turning houses into saunas and baby video monitors broadcasting over the internet. This list can only increase because while IoT services should be intuitive and simple to use, the delivery ecosystem is a myriad of potential problems as IoT explodes complexity. So finding a performance issue is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.
Jul. 1, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 515
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to imp...
Jul. 1, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,051
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Jul. 1, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 446
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Jul. 1, 2016 09:49 AM EDT Reads: 165
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jul. 1, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,160
Ask someone to architect an Internet of Things (IoT) solution and you are guaranteed to see a reference to the cloud. This would lead you to believe that IoT requires the cloud to exist. However, there are many IoT use cases where the cloud is not feasible or desirable. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, will discuss the strategies that exist to extend intelligence directly to IoT devices and sensors, freeing them from the constraints of ...
Jul. 1, 2016 09:12 AM EDT Reads: 182
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Jul. 1, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 650
IoT offers a value of almost $4 trillion to the manufacturing industry through platforms that can improve margins, optimize operations & drive high performance work teams. By using IoT technologies as a foundation, manufacturing customers are integrating worker safety with manufacturing systems, driving deep collaboration and utilizing analytics to exponentially increased per-unit margins. However, as Benoit Lheureux, the VP for Research at Gartner points out, “IoT project implementers often ...
Jul. 1, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 771
When people aren’t talking about VMs and containers, they’re talking about serverless architecture. Serverless is about no maintenance. It means you are not worried about low-level infrastructural and operational details. An event-driven serverless platform is a great use case for IoT. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Animesh Singh, an STSM and Lead for IBM Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, will detail how to build a distributed serverless, polyglot, microservices framework using open source tec...
Jul. 1, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 766
The idea of comparing data in motion (at the sensor level) to data at rest (in a Big Data server warehouse) with predictive analytics in the cloud is very appealing to the industrial IoT sector. The problem Big Data vendors have, however, is access to that data in motion at the sensor location. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Scott Allen, CMO of FreeWave, discussed how as IoT is increasingly adopted by industrial markets, there is going to be an increased demand for sensor data from the outermos...
Jul. 1, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 536
CenturyLink has announced that application server solutions from GENBAND are now available as part of CenturyLink’s Networx contracts. The General Services Administration (GSA)’s Networx program includes the largest telecommunications contract vehicles ever awarded by the federal government. CenturyLink recently secured an extension through spring 2020 of its offerings available to federal government agencies via GSA’s Networx Universal and Enterprise contracts. GENBAND’s EXPERiUS™ Application...
Jul. 1, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 557
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Jul. 1, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,301
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 1, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 704
"We work in the area of Big Data analytics and Big Data analytics is a very crowded space - you have Hadoop, ETL, warehousing, visualization and there's a lot of effort trying to get these tools to talk to each other," explained Mukund Deshpande, head of the Analytics practice at Accelerite, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 1, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 746
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann returns to 'DevOps at Cloud Expo 2016' as Conference Chair The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "DevOps is set to be one of the most profound disruptions to hit IT in decades," said Andi Mann. "It is a natural extension of cloud computing, and I have seen both firsthand and in independent research the fantastic results DevOps delivers. So I am excited t...
Jul. 1, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 617
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, provided an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profession...
Jun. 30, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 565
Connected devices and the industrial internet are growing exponentially every year with Cisco expecting 50 billion devices to be in operation by 2020. In this period of growth, location-based insights are becoming invaluable to many businesses as they adopt new connected technologies. Knowing when and where these devices connect from is critical for a number of scenarios in supply chain management, disaster management, emergency response, M2M, location marketing and more. In his session at @Th...
Jun. 30, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,393
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Jun. 30, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,536
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effi...
Jun. 30, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 680
Basho Technologies has announced the latest release of Basho Riak TS, version 1.3. Riak TS is an enterprise-grade NoSQL database optimized for Internet of Things (IoT). The open source version enables developers to download the software for free and use it in production as well as make contributions to the code and develop applications around Riak TS. Enhancements to Riak TS make it quick, easy and cost-effective to spin up an instance to test new ideas and build IoT applications. In addition to...
Jun. 30, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 765