|By Business Wire||
|June 3, 2014 09:01 AM EDT||
Dell today announced continued momentum in helping customers deploy highly effective strategies for protecting vital systems and crucial data from ever-increasing security risks. According to a recent Dell Global Security Survey, a new generation of cyber-attacks stemming from megatrends, such as BYOD, mobility, cloud computing and Internet of Things, introduces a multitude of new risks that are compounded by a rise in both accidental and malicious internal actions.
The survey revealed that 76 percent of IT leaders polled (93 percent in the United States) agree that combating today’s threats requires companies to protect complete company perimeters—both inside and outside the organization. Together, Dell KACE and Dell SonicWALL elevate “perimeter” protection for customers by increasing endpoint and network security.
“We know it’s crucial to safeguard every aspect of our customers’ environments—from the data to the endpoint to the cloud,” said Tom Kendra, vice president and general manager, Systems Management, Dell Software. “Dell is dedicated to becoming the easiest technology company to do business with and helping our customers achieve their full potential. That’s why customers who choose Dell’s Connected Security solutions, including Dell KACE and Dell SonicWALL, are well positioned to reduce risks, increase network visibility and decrease IT and security administration.”
Amerijet Soars to New Heights of Customer Service with End-to-End Dell IT Innovations
- Amerijet International, a full-service, multi-modal transportation and logistics company, carries more than 200 million pounds of freight annually to more than 550 destinations worldwide, requiring fast, efficient and secure access to the company’s cargo management applications.
- Amerijet partnered with Dell to build a next-gen data center with world-class hardware, software and services to better support organic growth while improving endpoint and network security.
- Dell SonicWALL next-generation firewalls provide centralized management, application-layer visibility as well as integrated intrusion detection and prevention to secure the network. Amerijet has implemented Dell SonicWALL E-Class SRA EX7000 appliances to ensure safe VPN connectivity for remote workers from nearly 100 global locations while the E-Class Email Security Appliance (ESA) E8300 provides comprehensive email security protection.
- The company also implemented KACE Systems Management appliances to streamline software inventory, distribution and patching while safeguarding critical endpoints from potential security risks.
- “We can get more planes in the air faster and meet more customs cutoff times for freight clearance with our new Dell infrastructure,” said Jennifer Torlone, senior director, Technology and Information Services, Amerijet Holdings, Inc. “Not only have we built a virtual foundation for growth, we have added state-of-the-art network and endpoint security to protect vital systems. During a recent security audit, we proved how well KACE and SonicWALL work together when in five minutes we were able to identify a potential security issue and address it immediately.”
Cresa Relies on Dell KACE and Dell SonicWALL for Greater Visibility and Control
- Cresa, an international commercial real estate firm, has 58 offices in North America and another 200 locations worldwide, with 800 employees focused solely on representing tenants. With government clients and others in regulated industries, Cresa requires the highest level of security and data protection.
- To improve visibility into its desktop environment, including approximately 1,000 critical endpoints, Cresa relies on Dell KACE Systems Management Appliances to automate device discovery and inventory, patch management and software distribution.
- The company also takes advantage of the reliability, scalability and manageability of Dell SonicWALL firewalls to protect its dispersed office networks.
- “With Dell’s endpoint and network security, we have excellent visibility and complete control over our environment,” said Gene Glekel, national director of IT for Cresa. “We can kick off a software deployment with the KACE appliance and be certain that it’s going to touch every single machine, so we can ensure security for our clients’ data.”
Church of the Highlands Counts on End-to-End Dell Infrastructure and Connected Security
- Church of the Highlands, a “mega church” in Alabama, broadcasts live sermons to more than 26,000 people across eight physical campuses and thousands of online viewers. To film and stream the live sermons, the organization relies on Dell for powerful data center, storage and networking capabilities along with leading-edge endpoint and network security.
- To reduce vulnerabilities anywhere in its network, Church of the Highlands uses Dell SonicWALL next-generation firewalls to protect in excess of 4,000 connections to its WiFi network and another thousand connections at each campus on Sundays.
- Additionally, the church has bolstered visibility into desktops, other network devices and installed software using the Dell KACE Systems Management appliances. Software asset management has been improved for elevated software license compliance.
- “We can count on Dell SonicWALL to stop every kind of attack on our network from viruses and hacking to denial-of-service attacks,” said Shane Hamlin, IT Manager, Church of the Highlands. “With Dell KACE, we can see what software is running on every device; providing accurate information about which machines have been patched ensures that all systems are up-to-date and secure.”
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/dellsecurity
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dellsecurity
- Dell YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/DellSoftwareVideo
- Dell Connected Security: http://www.dell.com/security
- Amerijet Video and Case Study
- Cresa Case Study
- Church of the Highlands Case Study
Dell Connected Security
Dell’s Connected Security vision and portfolio of solutions give customers the power to solve their biggest security and compliance challenges today from device to datacenter to cloud in a connected and contextual way. With this set of powerful and Connected Security solutions, Dell’s customers can mitigate risks, and, as a result, accelerate their results.
Dell KACE Delivers Comprehensive Endpoint Systems Management
The award-wining Dell KACE systems management appliances provide comprehensive, easy-to-use and affordable solutions for securing and maintaining critical IT assets. Dell ESM delivers endpoint systems management capabilities in an appliance-based architecture that simplifies deployment and ensures fast time to value. Dell KACE also provides world-class systems management capabilities as part of Dell’s Enterprise Mobility Management solution. For more information, visit www.dell.com/kace.
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, will discuss key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the a...
Oct. 25, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,536
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, will discuss how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team a...
Oct. 25, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 368
A completely new computing platform is on the horizon. They’re called Microservers by some, ARM Servers by others, and sometimes even ARM-based Servers. No matter what you call them, Microservers will have a huge impact on the data center and on server computing in general. Although few people are familiar with Microservers today, their impact will be felt very soon. This is a new category of computing platform that is available today and is predicted to have triple-digit growth rates for some ...
Oct. 25, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 34,196
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Oct. 25, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,012
The Internet of Things (IoT), in all its myriad manifestations, has great potential. Much of that potential comes from the evolving data management and analytic (DMA) technologies and processes that allow us to gain insight from all of the IoT data that can be generated and gathered. This potential may never be met as those data sets are tied to specific industry verticals and single markets, with no clear way to use IoT data and sensor analytics to fulfill the hype being given the IoT today.
Oct. 25, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,653
SYS-CON Events announced today that Numerex Corp, a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT), will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Numerex Corp. (NASDAQ:NMRX) is a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT). The Company's solutions produce new revenue streams or create operating...
Oct. 25, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,694
SYS-CON Events announced today that MathFreeOn will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MathFreeOn is Software as a Service (SaaS) used in Engineering and Math education. Write scripts and solve math problems online. MathFreeOn provides online courses for beginners or amateurs who have difficulties in writing scripts. In accordance with various mathematical topics, there are more tha...
Oct. 25, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,058
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 25, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,948
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 25, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 8,482
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm ...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,817
Although it has gained significant traction in the consumer space, IoT is still in the early stages of adoption in enterprises environments. However, many companies are working on initiatives like Industry 4.0 that includes IoT as one of the key disruptive technologies expected to reshape businesses of tomorrow. The key challenges will be availability, robustness and reliability of networks that connect devices in a business environment. Software Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) is expected to...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,132
OnProcess Technology has announced it will be a featured speaker at @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1 - 3, 2016, in Santa Clara, California. Dan Gettens, OnProcess’ Chief Analytics Officer, will discuss how Internet of Things (IoT) data can be leveraged to predict product failures, improve uptime and slash costly inventory stock. @ThingsExpo is an annual gathering of IoT and cloud developers, practitioners and thought-leaders who exchange ideas and insights on topics ranging from Big Data in...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:42 AM EDT Reads: 235
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of (at least) three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the back-end service, and the mobile application for the end user’s controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target –...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,033
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 25, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,130
SYS-CON Events announced today that CDS Global Cloud, an Infrastructure as a Service provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CDS Global Cloud is an IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) provider specializing in solutions for e-commerce, internet gaming, online education and other internet applications. With a growing number of data centers and network points around the world, ...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,622
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Oct. 25, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,926
Big Data has been changing the world. IoT fuels the further transformation recently. How are Big Data and IoT related? In his session at @BigDataExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will explore the interplay of Big Data and IoT. He will anatomize Big Data and IoT separately in terms of what, which, why, where, when, who, how and how much. He will then analyze the relationship between IoT and Big Data, specifically the drilldown of how the 4Vs of Big Data (Volume, Variety,...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,542
From wearable activity trackers to fantasy e-sports, data and technology are transforming the way athletes train for the game and fans engage with their teams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, will present key data findings from leading sports organizations San Francisco 49ers, Orlando Magic NBA team. By utilizing data analytics these sports orgs have recognized new revenue streams, doubled its fan base and streamlined costs at its stadiums. John Paul is the CEO and Founder of VenueNext. Prior ...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,698
SYS-CON Events announced today that Embotics, the cloud automation company, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Embotics is the cloud automation company for IT organizations and service providers that need to improve provisioning or enable self-service capabilities. With a relentless focus on delivering a premier user experience and unmatched customer support, Embotics is the fas...
Oct. 25, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 941
Ask someone to architect an Internet of Things (IoT) solution and you are guaranteed to see a reference to the cloud. This would lead you to believe that IoT requires the cloud to exist. However, there are many IoT use cases where the cloud is not feasible or desirable. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, will discuss the strategies that exist to extend intelligence directly to IoT devices and sensors, freeing them from the constraints of ...
Oct. 25, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,080