|By PR Newswire||
|April 2, 2014 09:52 AM EDT||
NEW YORK, April 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Global CSP Billing Part 4a: Rating & Charging and Other Core Billing Business Drivers and Market Trends
Stratecast has taken a deep dive into the changing communications marketplace, and evaluated the role of billing and policy management within the communications service provider (CSP) business support system (BSS) operations. Stratecast views billing and policy management as inextricably linked; and, as such, launched a major study of over global suppliers that offer a variety of billing, policy management, or combined solutions.
The results of this work include a report concentrated on policy management, and a multi-part report series focused on the end-to-end billing marketplace, as detailed below:
- Global CSP Policy Management Strategy Definition and Solution Supplier Market Analysis examines how the policy rules and policy enforcement functions are presently realized in connection with convergent rating & charging. This report provides a market share analysis for the Policy and Charging Rules Function (PCRF) and Policy and Charging Enforcement Function (PCEF) segments. It also delivers a five-year market forecast for each. The report identifies a number of solution suppliers that address these business functions, in addition to providing company-level profiles for a selection of them. It was published in March 2013 as Stratecast report OSSCS 14-03, Global CSP Policy Management Strategy Definition and Solution Supplier Market Analysis.2
- Global CSP Billing Part 1: Billing Market Business Requirements Survey Analysis. Global CSP Billing Part 1 examines the market forces that are driving change within the global billing market, and provides a close look at the billing solution requirements that must be addressed by the supplier community as the CSP market continues to evolve.
It was published as two documents:
o Global CSP Billing 2013 Edition Part 1a: Market Drivers, Changing Strategies, and New Business Models looks into the forces that are redefining the current CSP landscape, and explains how new business models are essential for engaging in new monetization strategies needed to offset declining revenues in traditional voice, text, and data access services. It was published as OSSCS 14-05, Global CSP Billing Part 1a – 2013 Edition: Market Drivers, Changing Strategies and New Business Models, July 2013.
o Global CSP Billing 2013 Edition Part 1b: Business Requirements Market Survey Analysis provides a perspective on the billing solution requirements that must be addressed to meet current CSP business needs, and to flexibly meet new customer service options. It delivers a view of the Stratecast survey findings concerning business and technology billing solution requirements deemed important by the global CSP community.
It was published as OSSCS 14-06, Global CSP Billing Part 1b – 2013 Edition: Business Requirements Market Survey Analysis, July 2013.
- Global CSP Billing Part 2: Global CSP End-to-End Billing Market. Global CSP Billing Part 2 examines the business strategies for billing; what is contained within the overall CSP billing marketplace; and identifies more than suppliers that address various aspects of the end-to-end billing supplier market. It was published as two documents:
o Global CSP Billing 2013 Edition Part 2a: Global Business Drivers, Market Trends, and New Solution Strategies describes the changes in today's CSP marketplace that require a keener focus on the customer experience. The report places the significance of billing systems upgrades in a broader picture, to reflect on the needs of not just the CSP billing marketplace but accommodation of the requirements from changing business models that engage with other industries. It was published as OSSCS 14-07, Global CSP Billing 2013 Edition Part 2a: Global Business Drivers, Market Trends, and New Solution Strategies, August 2013.
o Global CSP Billing 2013 Edition Part 2b: Global Billing Market Share Analysis, Forecast, and Supplier Identification offers a five-year market forecast of the overall billing market, identifies the overall billing industry leaders, and highlights billing solution leaders by revenue within the following regions: North America (NA); Mexico, Central America, Caribbean, and South America (LATAM); Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA); and Asia-Pacific (APAC). It was published as OSSCS 14-08, Global CSP Billing 2013 Edition Part 2b: Global Billing Market Share Analysis, Forecast, and Supplier Identification, August, 2013.
- Global CSP Billing Part 3: Billing Mediation. Global CSP Billing Part 3 examines the billing mediation sector—the first of four major billing sub-sectors that address the monetization needs of the global CSP marketplace.
It is published as two documents:
o Global CSP Billing 2013 Edition Part 3a: Billing Mediation Business Drivers and Market Trends analyzes the key business drivers that are shaping the global billing mediation market, and looks at the trends within that market. This report was published as OSSCS 14-12, Global CSP Billing 2013 Edition Part 3a: Billing Mediation Business Drivers and Market Trends, November 2013.
o Global CSP Billing 2013 Edition Part 3b: Billing Mediation Market Share Analysis, Forecast, and Global Supplier Assessment delivers an assessment and market profiles for approximately suppliers, provides a market share analysis based on recent financial information, and establishes a five-year forecast for the billing mediation market. This report was published as OSSCS 14-13, Global CSP Billing 2013 Edition Part 3b: Billing Mediation Market Share Analysis, Forecast, and Global Supplier Assessment, December, 2013.
- Global CSP Billing Part 4: Rating & Charging and Other Core Billing. Global CSP Billing Part 4 examines the rating & charging and other core billing sector—the second of four major billing sub-sectors that address the monetization needs of the global CSP marketplace. It is published as two documents:
o This Report – Global CSP Billing Part 4a: Rating & Charging and Other Core Billing Business Drivers and Market Trends examines the business drivers and market trends unfolding in the global rating & charging and other core billing (invoicing, taxes, payments, accounts receivable, collections and journaling) marketplace.
Some of the most noteworthy insights are:
- Convergent rating & charging is the keystone of modern business-to-consumer (B2C) billing, but a convergent rating & charging engine is not enough. Close integration between rating & charging and other business functions, such as policy and mediation, is needed to form end-to-end solutions to meet the needs of complex service offerings.
- Best-of-breed billing component implementations are now giving way to best-of-suite solutions from a single supplier that can address all business support needs. Best-of-suite solutions are more cost effective to operate, and can be delivered through a software license model or as a cloud service.
- Purpose-built analytics, tied to CSP billing systems, can address the business need for real-time decisioning—the ability to gain insight about current customer behavior, and then take advantage of the opportunity to offer something additional at the point of peak customer attention. This is the next important development in an end-to-end billing solution strategy.
- Many rating & charging solutions focus entirely on the B2C segment, with its millions of customers and relatively small number of service options. The complex service monetization needs of the business-to-business (B2B) segment offer great opportunities to CSPs and to those suppliers whose billing solutions can support flexible contracts and negotiable pricing.
- New business models need both B2C and B2B billing capabilities enabled, in part, by real-time, policy-enabled rating & charging. Such models include support for bundled cloud (Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS)) services, cross-industry multi-partner virtual services, and M2M.
- The effects of virtual network technologies are still evolving, but will impact all segments of CSP billing in the months ahead. As the operations & monetization (O&M)3 requirements for virtual networks formalizes through the standards process, many solution suppliers will advance their agendas. As solutions are made available, they will further drive new requirements when existing capabilities are tested and implemented. Ultimately, CSP business momentum will solidify the requirements and O&M solution processes for virtual network implementation and operation.
Executive Summary 5
Market Definition of End-to-End Billing 9
Mediation 2.0 (Off-line and Online) 10
Rating & Charging and Other Core Billing 11
Policy Management (Rules Function) 13
Interconnect & Settlement and Content Partner Management 13
Real-Time Rating & Charging for Improved B2C Business Outcomes 14
B2C Convergent Charging and Single Supplier Solutions Really Make a Difference 14
Advanced B2C Services and Policy-Enabled Real-Time Rating & Charging 16
Billing Analytics Brings New B2C Services and Business Opportunity 17
Complex Services Monetization – Enterprise B2B 19
Automating the B2B Billing Processes are Now a Must 19
B2B Billing Solution Architecture: Similar But Different to B2C Billing Solutions 21
B2B Services Require Flexible Contracts and Negotiable Pricing 22
New Business Models Need Advanced B2C and B2B Billing 23
New Business Models Are Today's Reality 24
The Cloud Services Model 24
Cross-Industry 2.0 Model 25
M2M Business Model 27
Next Up: Virtual Networks – A Page from the Enterprise IT Playbook 29
CSP Virtual Networks as an Alternative to Physical Transport Networks are Here 29
The Virtual Network: Importance of Operations & Monetization 30
The Key Business Benefits for Services Defined Through a Virtual Network 32
Rating & Charging: The Market Ahead 33
What Does the New Business Landscape Mean for CSP Billing? 33
Where is CSP Billing Heading Next? 34
Opportunities Abound 36
The Last Word 38
List of Figures
Figure 1: CSP End-to-End Billing and Policy Management 9
Figure 2: Convergent Charging and Other Core Billing 11
Figure 3: Single Supplier Approach for End-to-End Billing 14
Figure 4: Operations & Monetization (O&M) Solution Evolution Lifecycle 16
Figure 5: Integrated Real-Time Charging and Advanced Revenue Management 18
Figure 6: Complex Enterprise Services Means Configurable Offerings and Pricing Plans 20
Figure 7: Complex Services Monetization and Partner Compensation 21
Figure 8: The Vision of a CSP-Enabled Ecosystem with Traditional and New Business 26
Figure 9: Business Solutions with M2M Instrumentation 28
Figure 10: Virtual Network Architecture with O&M Support Functions 31
Figure 11: Where is Our Industry Heading in the Next Five Years? 35
To order this report: Global CSP Billing Part 4a: Rating & Charging and Other Core Billing Business Drivers and Market Trends
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it m...
Jan. 21, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 5,811
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet and...
Jan. 21, 2017 01:30 AM EST Reads: 6,564
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Jan. 21, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 2,884
"Tintri was started in 2008 with the express purpose of building a storage appliance that is ideal for virtualized environments. We support a lot of different hypervisor platforms from VMware to OpenStack to Hyper-V," explained Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 21, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 4,892
There will be new vendors providing applications, middleware, and connected devices to support the thriving IoT ecosystem. This essentially means that electronic device manufacturers will also be in the software business. Many will be new to building embedded software or robust software. This creates an increased importance on software quality, particularly within the Industrial Internet of Things where business-critical applications are becoming dependent on products controlled by software. Qua...
Jan. 21, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 5,042
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jan. 21, 2017 12:15 AM EST Reads: 6,374
In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, David Shacochis, host of The Hybrid IT Files podcast and Vice President at CenturyLink, investigated three key trends of the “gigabit economy" though the story of a Fortune 500 communications company in transformation. Narrating how multi-modal hybrid IT, service automation, and agile delivery all intersect, he will cover the role of storytelling and empathy in achieving strategic alignment between the enterprise and its information technology.
Jan. 21, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 4,704
IoT is at the core or many Digital Transformation initiatives with the goal of re-inventing a company's business model. We all agree that collecting relevant IoT data will result in massive amounts of data needing to be stored. However, with the rapid development of IoT devices and ongoing business model transformation, we are not able to predict the volume and growth of IoT data. And with the lack of IoT history, traditional methods of IT and infrastructure planning based on the past do not app...
Jan. 20, 2017 10:45 PM EST Reads: 917
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus o...
Jan. 20, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 4,383
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Jan. 20, 2017 05:45 PM EST Reads: 2,102
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 20, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 3,826
"LinearHub provides smart video conferencing, which is the Roundee service, and we archive all the video conferences and we also provide the transcript," stated Sunghyuk Kim, CEO of LinearHub, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 20, 2017 03:00 PM EST Reads: 1,661
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 641
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 5,252
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 5,747
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 4,358
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 3,201
Discover top technologies and tools all under one roof at April 24–28, 2017, at the Westin San Diego in San Diego, CA. Explore the Mobile Dev + Test and IoT Dev + Test Expo and enjoy all of these unique opportunities: The latest solutions, technologies, and tools in mobile or IoT software development and testing. Meet one-on-one with representatives from some of today's most innovative organizations
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,665
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and E...
Jan. 20, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 5,845
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 20, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 3,718