|By Marketwired .||
|April 1, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/01/14 -- The new open platform and application vision from Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) for Safety and Security will help organizations across industries create customized applications to fit unique user needs. Cisco is expanding its open IP Cameras platform to include edge based storage and application development. Developers can also embed instant connect push-to-talk for mobile technology.
Cisco is expanding its ecosystem with the addition of new participants. Integration of Cisco Internet of Things (IoT) products with ecosystem applications creates new solutions for customers. New ecosystem members include: Intuvision, Live Action, AgentVi and iOmniscient, AGT International, S2 Securities, Etherstack, Tait, IP Trade, and Technuf.
With these capabilities, Cisco's IoT solutions provide a common platform to enable developers and customers to cost effectively deliver unified solutions for public safety, utilities and industrial environments.
Cisco IP Video Surveillance System
- Video can be stored directly on all Cisco IP Cameras with Cisco Connected Edge Storage. Edge based video supports the automatic management of mobile video surveillance without manual processes, working together with Cisco 819 4G /Wi-Fi Routers. When bandwidth is limited on the network due to remote or harsh environments, supporting video recording is challenging. This solution allows automatic intelligent storage on the camera, synchronization with the video surveillance manager, auto-restoration for video archives, and near seamless connectivity across wired and wireless infrastructure.
- A variety of new analytics from Cisco and ecosystem participants are now available for IP cameras. Ecosystem developers have built advanced analytics applications to run directly on cameras for communications towers, oil rigs, public safety vehicles, utilities and other industrial and commercial environments.
Cisco Instant Connect
- Cisco allows software developers to instantly connect mobile devices together. Cisco authorized developers can download a Software Developer Kit (SDK) and integrate mobile communications into various applications.
- This push to talk technology is integrated into a mobile work ticket management allowing operation managers to assign jobs to the right skilled worker in the closest area. When the field workers need help they can instantly push to talk using embedded Cisco technology.
- Guido Jouret, vice president and general manager, Cisco Internet of Things Business Unit: "Expanding on the opportunities presented by the Internet of Everything, Cisco is taking an open ecosystem approach to smart video cameras and instant communication to devices. Cisco's Safety and Security solutions are transforming the way people use traditional security technology to aid in smart decision making.
- Jeff Russell, Dalton Area Superintendent at Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities: "Providing reliable communications for vehicles, truckers and all types of highway operations across harsh and remote conditions can be immensely challenging. An IP Communications System allows us to be confident in our communication capabilities from anywhere across various operations sites."
- Kay Stock, IT Manager, Melbourne & Olympic Parks: "Cisco's Connected Safety and Security solution allows Melbourne & Olympic Parks to have increased visibility, situational awareness to improve decision making across all of the precinct operations while improving the ability of our personnel to effectively coordinate and collaborate to better manage safety and security for all events and provide enhanced levels of security across precinct properties. Cisco provided an industry proven solution and platform that will allow Melbourne & Olympic Parks to continue to grow and innovate."
- Roger Vasquez, director of engineering, Transwestern and Metropolis Investment Holdings: "Tenants are reassured when I say the building network runs on Cisco gear because they have confidence in the reliability and security. Our security officers can view live or archived video from any camera, using Cisco Video Surveillance Manager. We also integrated the Cisco Physical Access Control and Cisco Video Surveillance Manager solutions, so that, if a door opens after hours, the email alert includes a link to the corresponding camera feed."
- Faisal Quadar, president, Technuf: "It is great to have Cisco's new mobile application SDK. Customers can now use a single screen to see work tickets, communicate easily to dispatch operations, see maps as well as stream video, and the ability to access these services easily and integrate them into operational systems from mobile applications allows optimized and streamlined workforce management."
- Dr. Rustom Kanga, CEO, iOmniscient: "We are very pleased to work with Cisco. Now Cisco's customers have the benefit of being able to use Cisco's advanced technology integrated with intelligence from iOmniscient's analytics systems to enhance the safety, security and efficiency of their businesses"
- Zvika Ashani, CTO, Agent Vi: "Agent Vi's integration with Cisco VSM and Cisco IP cameras enables an optimized solution which enhances the benefits of the video surveillance deployment by automating everyday tasks such as monitoring live video, searching through video archives and collecting valuable business insights. The end result is that the customer can achieve more with their video surveillance system with less manpower, which translates to increased security, safety and cost savings."
- Arjen Maarleveld, chief operating officer, Tait Communications: "We are excited to work with Cisco. Tait's Unified Communications together with Cisco IPICS allow public safety to use sensor and other cloud-based applications together with land mobile radio with highly secure IP communications."
- Cisco Internet of Things website
- Cisco Connected Safety and Security Website and Youtube Playlist
- Aphelia Mobile App using Instant Connect by Technuf
- Public Safety Blog Series
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
408 646 0667
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 30, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 859
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Treloar, President and COO of Bebaio, will explore examples of brands transforming their businesses by t...
Aug. 30, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 211
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes about through a Communications Platform as a Service which allows for messaging, screen sharing, video...
Aug. 30, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 602
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and analyzed? As an area of investment, how might a retail company move towards an innovation methodolo...
Aug. 30, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 435
The Internet of Things (IoT) is about the digitization of physical assets including sensors, devices, machines, gateways, and the network. It creates possibilities for significant value creation and new revenue generating business models via data democratization and ubiquitous analytics across IoT networks. The explosion of data in all forms in IoT requires a more robust and broader lens in order to enable smarter timely actions and better outcomes. Business operations become the key driver of IoT applications and projects. Business operations, IT, and data scientists need advanced analytics t...
Aug. 30, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 386
A producer of the first smartphones and tablets, presenter Lee M. Williams will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, COO of ETwater, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater.
Aug. 30, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 119
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Aug. 30, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 432
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Aug. 30, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 388
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevOps to advance innovation and increase agility. Specializing in designing, imple...
Aug. 29, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 260
While many app developers are comfortable building apps for the smartphone, there is a whole new world out there. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Narayan Sainaney, Co-founder and CTO of Mojio, will discuss how the business case for connected car apps is growing and, with open platform companies having already done the heavy lifting, there really is no barrier to entry.
Aug. 29, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 115
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of technology leadership, Micron's memory solutions enable the world's most innovative computing, consumer,...
Aug. 29, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 205
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Aug. 29, 2015 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 135
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of streaming data in the cloud with an enterprise grade SLA. It features built-in integration with Azur...
Aug. 28, 2015 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 202
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Aug. 28, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 335
Akana has announced the availability of the new Akana Healthcare Solution. The API-driven solution helps healthcare organizations accelerate their transition to being secure, digitally interoperable businesses. It leverages the Health Level Seven International Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (HL7 FHIR) standard to enable broader business use of medical data. Akana developed the Healthcare Solution in response to healthcare businesses that want to increase electronic, multi-device access to health records while reducing operating costs and complying with government regulations.
Aug. 26, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 127
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducted a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply wit...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 552
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 478
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, described how to revolutionize your archit...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,562
MuleSoft has announced the findings of its 2015 Connectivity Benchmark Report on the adoption and business impact of APIs. The findings suggest traditional businesses are quickly evolving into "composable enterprises" built out of hundreds of connected software services, applications and devices. Most are embracing the Internet of Things (IoT) and microservices technologies like Docker. A majority are integrating wearables, like smart watches, and more than half plan to generate revenue with APIs within the next year.
Jul. 30, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 279
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, d...
Jul. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,224