|By Marketwired .||
|April 1, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/01/14 -- The new open platform and application vision from Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) for Safety and Security will help organizations across industries create customized applications to fit unique user needs. Cisco is expanding its open IP Cameras platform to include edge based storage and application development. Developers can also embed instant connect push-to-talk for mobile technology.
Cisco is expanding its ecosystem with the addition of new participants. Integration of Cisco Internet of Things (IoT) products with ecosystem applications creates new solutions for customers. New ecosystem members include: Intuvision, Live Action, AgentVi and iOmniscient, AGT International, S2 Securities, Etherstack, Tait, IP Trade, and Technuf.
With these capabilities, Cisco's IoT solutions provide a common platform to enable developers and customers to cost effectively deliver unified solutions for public safety, utilities and industrial environments.
Cisco IP Video Surveillance System
- Video can be stored directly on all Cisco IP Cameras with Cisco Connected Edge Storage. Edge based video supports the automatic management of mobile video surveillance without manual processes, working together with Cisco 819 4G /Wi-Fi Routers. When bandwidth is limited on the network due to remote or harsh environments, supporting video recording is challenging. This solution allows automatic intelligent storage on the camera, synchronization with the video surveillance manager, auto-restoration for video archives, and near seamless connectivity across wired and wireless infrastructure.
- A variety of new analytics from Cisco and ecosystem participants are now available for IP cameras. Ecosystem developers have built advanced analytics applications to run directly on cameras for communications towers, oil rigs, public safety vehicles, utilities and other industrial and commercial environments.
Cisco Instant Connect
- Cisco allows software developers to instantly connect mobile devices together. Cisco authorized developers can download a Software Developer Kit (SDK) and integrate mobile communications into various applications.
- This push to talk technology is integrated into a mobile work ticket management allowing operation managers to assign jobs to the right skilled worker in the closest area. When the field workers need help they can instantly push to talk using embedded Cisco technology.
- Guido Jouret, vice president and general manager, Cisco Internet of Things Business Unit: "Expanding on the opportunities presented by the Internet of Everything, Cisco is taking an open ecosystem approach to smart video cameras and instant communication to devices. Cisco's Safety and Security solutions are transforming the way people use traditional security technology to aid in smart decision making.
- Jeff Russell, Dalton Area Superintendent at Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities: "Providing reliable communications for vehicles, truckers and all types of highway operations across harsh and remote conditions can be immensely challenging. An IP Communications System allows us to be confident in our communication capabilities from anywhere across various operations sites."
- Kay Stock, IT Manager, Melbourne & Olympic Parks: "Cisco's Connected Safety and Security solution allows Melbourne & Olympic Parks to have increased visibility, situational awareness to improve decision making across all of the precinct operations while improving the ability of our personnel to effectively coordinate and collaborate to better manage safety and security for all events and provide enhanced levels of security across precinct properties. Cisco provided an industry proven solution and platform that will allow Melbourne & Olympic Parks to continue to grow and innovate."
- Roger Vasquez, director of engineering, Transwestern and Metropolis Investment Holdings: "Tenants are reassured when I say the building network runs on Cisco gear because they have confidence in the reliability and security. Our security officers can view live or archived video from any camera, using Cisco Video Surveillance Manager. We also integrated the Cisco Physical Access Control and Cisco Video Surveillance Manager solutions, so that, if a door opens after hours, the email alert includes a link to the corresponding camera feed."
- Faisal Quadar, president, Technuf: "It is great to have Cisco's new mobile application SDK. Customers can now use a single screen to see work tickets, communicate easily to dispatch operations, see maps as well as stream video, and the ability to access these services easily and integrate them into operational systems from mobile applications allows optimized and streamlined workforce management."
- Dr. Rustom Kanga, CEO, iOmniscient: "We are very pleased to work with Cisco. Now Cisco's customers have the benefit of being able to use Cisco's advanced technology integrated with intelligence from iOmniscient's analytics systems to enhance the safety, security and efficiency of their businesses"
- Zvika Ashani, CTO, Agent Vi: "Agent Vi's integration with Cisco VSM and Cisco IP cameras enables an optimized solution which enhances the benefits of the video surveillance deployment by automating everyday tasks such as monitoring live video, searching through video archives and collecting valuable business insights. The end result is that the customer can achieve more with their video surveillance system with less manpower, which translates to increased security, safety and cost savings."
- Arjen Maarleveld, chief operating officer, Tait Communications: "We are excited to work with Cisco. Tait's Unified Communications together with Cisco IPICS allow public safety to use sensor and other cloud-based applications together with land mobile radio with highly secure IP communications."
- Cisco Internet of Things website
- Cisco Connected Safety and Security Website and Youtube Playlist
- Aphelia Mobile App using Instant Connect by Technuf
- Public Safety Blog Series
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
408 646 0667
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermi...
Oct. 13, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 273
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Oct. 13, 2015 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 182
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, will discuss the impact of technology on identity. Should we federate, or not? How should identity be secured? Who owns the identity? How is identity ...
Oct. 13, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 504
This week, the team assembled in NYC for @Cloud Expo 2015 and @ThingsExpo 2015. For the past four years, this has been a must-attend event for MetraTech. We were happy to once again join industry visionaries, colleagues, customers and even competitors to share and explore the ways in which the Internet of Things (IoT) will impact our industry. Over the course of the show, we discussed the types of challenges we will collectively need to solve to capitalize on the opportunity IoT presents.
Oct. 13, 2015 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 167
Today’s connected world is moving from devices towards things, what this means is that by using increasingly low cost sensors embedded in devices we can create many new use cases. These span across use cases in cities, vehicles, home, offices, factories, retail environments, worksites, health, logistics, and health. These use cases rely on ubiquitous connectivity and generate massive amounts of data at scale. These technologies enable new business opportunities, ways to optimize and automate, along with new ways to engage with users.
Oct. 13, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 287
WebRTC converts the entire network into a ubiquitous communications cloud thereby connecting anytime, anywhere through any point. In his session at WebRTC Summit,, Mark Castleman, EIR at Bell Labs and Head of Future X Labs, will discuss how the transformational nature of communications is achieved through the democratizing force of WebRTC. WebRTC is doing for voice what HTML did for web content.
Oct. 13, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,505
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes about through a Communications Platform as a Service which allows for messaging, screen sharing, video...
Oct. 13, 2015 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,234
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dyn, the worldwide leader in Internet Performance, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Dyn is a cloud-based Internet Performance company. Dyn helps companies monitor, control, and optimize online infrastructure for an exceptional end-user experience. Through a world-class network and unrivaled, objective intelligence into Internet conditions, Dyn ensures traffic gets delivered faster, safer, and more reliably than ever.
Oct. 13, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 730
SYS-CON Events announced today that Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, will keynote at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 13, 2015 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 260
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal an...
Oct. 13, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 230
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data shows "less than 10 percent of IoT developers are making enough to support a reasonably sized team....
Oct. 13, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 348
The IoT market is on track to hit $7.1 trillion in 2020. The reality is that only a handful of companies are ready for this massive demand. There are a lot of barriers, paint points, traps, and hidden roadblocks. How can we deal with these issues and challenges? The paradigm has changed. Old-style ad-hoc trial-and-error ways will certainly lead you to the dead end. What is mandatory is an overarching and adaptive approach to effectively handle the rapid changes and exponential growth.
Oct. 13, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 340
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of at least three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the backend big-data service, and the mobile application for the end user's controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target - this makes the integration of these separate pipelines and the coordination of software upd...
Oct. 13, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 414
As a company adopts a DevOps approach to software development, what are key things that both the Dev and Ops side of the business must keep in mind to ensure effective continuous delivery? In his session at DevOps Summit, Mark Hydar, Head of DevOps, Ericsson TV Platforms, will share best practices and provide helpful tips for Ops teams to adopt an open line of communication with the development side of the house to ensure success between the two sides.
Oct. 13, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 695
The IoT is upon us, but today’s databases, built on 30-year-old math, require multiple platforms to create a single solution. Data demands of the IoT require Big Data systems that can handle ingest, transactions and analytics concurrently adapting to varied situations as they occur, with speed at scale. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chad Jones, chief strategy officer at Deep Information Sciences, will look differently at IoT data so enterprises can fully leverage their IoT potential. He’ll share tips on how to speed up business initiatives, harness Big Data and remain one step ahead by apply...
Oct. 13, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 749
There will be 20 billion IoT devices connected to the Internet soon. What if we could control these devices with our voice, mind, or gestures? What if we could teach these devices how to talk to each other? What if these devices could learn how to interact with us (and each other) to make our lives better? What if Jarvis was real? How can I gain these super powers? In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, will show you!
Oct. 13, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 311
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, will explore the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and technology requirements that will drive the Internet of Things from hype to reality.
Oct. 13, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 323
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi's VP Business Development and Engineering, will explore the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving this change including privacy controls, data transparency and integration of real time context w...
Oct. 13, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 306
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 13, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,014
Nowadays, a large number of sensors and devices are connected to the network. Leading-edge IoT technologies integrate various types of sensor data to create a new value for several business decision scenarios. The transparent cloud is a model of a new IoT emergence service platform. Many service providers store and access various types of sensor data in order to create and find out new business values by integrating such data.
Oct. 13, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 684