|By Marketwired .||
|April 1, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/01/14 -- The new open platform and application vision from Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) for Safety and Security will help organizations across industries create customized applications to fit unique user needs. Cisco is expanding its open IP Cameras platform to include edge based storage and application development. Developers can also embed instant connect push-to-talk for mobile technology.
Cisco is expanding its ecosystem with the addition of new participants. Integration of Cisco Internet of Things (IoT) products with ecosystem applications creates new solutions for customers. New ecosystem members include: Intuvision, Live Action, AgentVi and iOmniscient, AGT International, S2 Securities, Etherstack, Tait, IP Trade, and Technuf.
With these capabilities, Cisco's IoT solutions provide a common platform to enable developers and customers to cost effectively deliver unified solutions for public safety, utilities and industrial environments.
Cisco IP Video Surveillance System
- Video can be stored directly on all Cisco IP Cameras with Cisco Connected Edge Storage. Edge based video supports the automatic management of mobile video surveillance without manual processes, working together with Cisco 819 4G /Wi-Fi Routers. When bandwidth is limited on the network due to remote or harsh environments, supporting video recording is challenging. This solution allows automatic intelligent storage on the camera, synchronization with the video surveillance manager, auto-restoration for video archives, and near seamless connectivity across wired and wireless infrastructure.
- A variety of new analytics from Cisco and ecosystem participants are now available for IP cameras. Ecosystem developers have built advanced analytics applications to run directly on cameras for communications towers, oil rigs, public safety vehicles, utilities and other industrial and commercial environments.
Cisco Instant Connect
- Cisco allows software developers to instantly connect mobile devices together. Cisco authorized developers can download a Software Developer Kit (SDK) and integrate mobile communications into various applications.
- This push to talk technology is integrated into a mobile work ticket management allowing operation managers to assign jobs to the right skilled worker in the closest area. When the field workers need help they can instantly push to talk using embedded Cisco technology.
- Guido Jouret, vice president and general manager, Cisco Internet of Things Business Unit: "Expanding on the opportunities presented by the Internet of Everything, Cisco is taking an open ecosystem approach to smart video cameras and instant communication to devices. Cisco's Safety and Security solutions are transforming the way people use traditional security technology to aid in smart decision making.
- Jeff Russell, Dalton Area Superintendent at Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities: "Providing reliable communications for vehicles, truckers and all types of highway operations across harsh and remote conditions can be immensely challenging. An IP Communications System allows us to be confident in our communication capabilities from anywhere across various operations sites."
- Kay Stock, IT Manager, Melbourne & Olympic Parks: "Cisco's Connected Safety and Security solution allows Melbourne & Olympic Parks to have increased visibility, situational awareness to improve decision making across all of the precinct operations while improving the ability of our personnel to effectively coordinate and collaborate to better manage safety and security for all events and provide enhanced levels of security across precinct properties. Cisco provided an industry proven solution and platform that will allow Melbourne & Olympic Parks to continue to grow and innovate."
- Roger Vasquez, director of engineering, Transwestern and Metropolis Investment Holdings: "Tenants are reassured when I say the building network runs on Cisco gear because they have confidence in the reliability and security. Our security officers can view live or archived video from any camera, using Cisco Video Surveillance Manager. We also integrated the Cisco Physical Access Control and Cisco Video Surveillance Manager solutions, so that, if a door opens after hours, the email alert includes a link to the corresponding camera feed."
- Faisal Quadar, president, Technuf: "It is great to have Cisco's new mobile application SDK. Customers can now use a single screen to see work tickets, communicate easily to dispatch operations, see maps as well as stream video, and the ability to access these services easily and integrate them into operational systems from mobile applications allows optimized and streamlined workforce management."
- Dr. Rustom Kanga, CEO, iOmniscient: "We are very pleased to work with Cisco. Now Cisco's customers have the benefit of being able to use Cisco's advanced technology integrated with intelligence from iOmniscient's analytics systems to enhance the safety, security and efficiency of their businesses"
- Zvika Ashani, CTO, Agent Vi: "Agent Vi's integration with Cisco VSM and Cisco IP cameras enables an optimized solution which enhances the benefits of the video surveillance deployment by automating everyday tasks such as monitoring live video, searching through video archives and collecting valuable business insights. The end result is that the customer can achieve more with their video surveillance system with less manpower, which translates to increased security, safety and cost savings."
- Arjen Maarleveld, chief operating officer, Tait Communications: "We are excited to work with Cisco. Tait's Unified Communications together with Cisco IPICS allow public safety to use sensor and other cloud-based applications together with land mobile radio with highly secure IP communications."
- Cisco Internet of Things website
- Cisco Connected Safety and Security Website and Youtube Playlist
- Aphelia Mobile App using Instant Connect by Technuf
- Public Safety Blog Series
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
408 646 0667
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 543
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 5,721
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 5,222
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 4,343
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 3,180
Discover top technologies and tools all under one roof at April 24–28, 2017, at the Westin San Diego in San Diego, CA. Explore the Mobile Dev + Test and IoT Dev + Test Expo and enjoy all of these unique opportunities: The latest solutions, technologies, and tools in mobile or IoT software development and testing. Meet one-on-one with representatives from some of today's most innovative organizations
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,640
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and E...
Jan. 20, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 5,828
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 20, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 3,698
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Jan. 20, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 6,083
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Jan. 20, 2017 09:45 AM EST Reads: 2,925
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, introduced the technologies required for implementing these idea...
Jan. 20, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 4,753
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists peeled away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud enviro...
Jan. 20, 2017 08:15 AM EST Reads: 4,943
"A lot of times people will come to us and have a very diverse set of requirements or very customized need and we'll help them to implement it in a fashion that you can't just buy off of the shelf," explained Nick Rose, CTO of Enzu, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 20, 2017 08:15 AM EST Reads: 4,716
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Jan. 20, 2017 07:15 AM EST Reads: 2,976
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Jan. 20, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 9,078
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Jan. 20, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 6,867
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Jan. 20, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 904
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 5,035
The security needs of IoT environments require a strong, proven approach to maintain security, trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vic...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 6,586
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now ...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:45 AM EST Reads: 4,274