|By Marketwired .||
|April 1, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/01/14 -- The new open platform and application vision from Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) for Safety and Security will help organizations across industries create customized applications to fit unique user needs. Cisco is expanding its open IP Cameras platform to include edge based storage and application development. Developers can also embed instant connect push-to-talk for mobile technology.
Cisco is expanding its ecosystem with the addition of new participants. Integration of Cisco Internet of Things (IoT) products with ecosystem applications creates new solutions for customers. New ecosystem members include: Intuvision, Live Action, AgentVi and iOmniscient, AGT International, S2 Securities, Etherstack, Tait, IP Trade, and Technuf.
With these capabilities, Cisco's IoT solutions provide a common platform to enable developers and customers to cost effectively deliver unified solutions for public safety, utilities and industrial environments.
Cisco IP Video Surveillance System
- Video can be stored directly on all Cisco IP Cameras with Cisco Connected Edge Storage. Edge based video supports the automatic management of mobile video surveillance without manual processes, working together with Cisco 819 4G /Wi-Fi Routers. When bandwidth is limited on the network due to remote or harsh environments, supporting video recording is challenging. This solution allows automatic intelligent storage on the camera, synchronization with the video surveillance manager, auto-restoration for video archives, and near seamless connectivity across wired and wireless infrastructure.
- A variety of new analytics from Cisco and ecosystem participants are now available for IP cameras. Ecosystem developers have built advanced analytics applications to run directly on cameras for communications towers, oil rigs, public safety vehicles, utilities and other industrial and commercial environments.
Cisco Instant Connect
- Cisco allows software developers to instantly connect mobile devices together. Cisco authorized developers can download a Software Developer Kit (SDK) and integrate mobile communications into various applications.
- This push to talk technology is integrated into a mobile work ticket management allowing operation managers to assign jobs to the right skilled worker in the closest area. When the field workers need help they can instantly push to talk using embedded Cisco technology.
- Guido Jouret, vice president and general manager, Cisco Internet of Things Business Unit: "Expanding on the opportunities presented by the Internet of Everything, Cisco is taking an open ecosystem approach to smart video cameras and instant communication to devices. Cisco's Safety and Security solutions are transforming the way people use traditional security technology to aid in smart decision making.
- Jeff Russell, Dalton Area Superintendent at Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities: "Providing reliable communications for vehicles, truckers and all types of highway operations across harsh and remote conditions can be immensely challenging. An IP Communications System allows us to be confident in our communication capabilities from anywhere across various operations sites."
- Kay Stock, IT Manager, Melbourne & Olympic Parks: "Cisco's Connected Safety and Security solution allows Melbourne & Olympic Parks to have increased visibility, situational awareness to improve decision making across all of the precinct operations while improving the ability of our personnel to effectively coordinate and collaborate to better manage safety and security for all events and provide enhanced levels of security across precinct properties. Cisco provided an industry proven solution and platform that will allow Melbourne & Olympic Parks to continue to grow and innovate."
- Roger Vasquez, director of engineering, Transwestern and Metropolis Investment Holdings: "Tenants are reassured when I say the building network runs on Cisco gear because they have confidence in the reliability and security. Our security officers can view live or archived video from any camera, using Cisco Video Surveillance Manager. We also integrated the Cisco Physical Access Control and Cisco Video Surveillance Manager solutions, so that, if a door opens after hours, the email alert includes a link to the corresponding camera feed."
- Faisal Quadar, president, Technuf: "It is great to have Cisco's new mobile application SDK. Customers can now use a single screen to see work tickets, communicate easily to dispatch operations, see maps as well as stream video, and the ability to access these services easily and integrate them into operational systems from mobile applications allows optimized and streamlined workforce management."
- Dr. Rustom Kanga, CEO, iOmniscient: "We are very pleased to work with Cisco. Now Cisco's customers have the benefit of being able to use Cisco's advanced technology integrated with intelligence from iOmniscient's analytics systems to enhance the safety, security and efficiency of their businesses"
- Zvika Ashani, CTO, Agent Vi: "Agent Vi's integration with Cisco VSM and Cisco IP cameras enables an optimized solution which enhances the benefits of the video surveillance deployment by automating everyday tasks such as monitoring live video, searching through video archives and collecting valuable business insights. The end result is that the customer can achieve more with their video surveillance system with less manpower, which translates to increased security, safety and cost savings."
- Arjen Maarleveld, chief operating officer, Tait Communications: "We are excited to work with Cisco. Tait's Unified Communications together with Cisco IPICS allow public safety to use sensor and other cloud-based applications together with land mobile radio with highly secure IP communications."
- Cisco Internet of Things website
- Cisco Connected Safety and Security Website and Youtube Playlist
- Aphelia Mobile App using Instant Connect by Technuf
- Public Safety Blog Series
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
408 646 0667
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
May. 2, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,266
The IoT has the potential to create a renaissance of manufacturing in the US and elsewhere. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Florent Solt, CTO and chief architect of Netvibes, will discuss how the expected exponential increase in the amount of data that will be processed, transported, stored, and accessed means there will be a huge demand for smart technologies to deliver it. Florent Solt is the CTO and chief architect of Netvibes. Prior to joining Netvibes in 2007, he co-founded Rift Technol...
May. 1, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,589
The increasing popularity of the Internet of Things necessitates that our physical and cognitive relationship with wearable technology will change rapidly in the near future. This advent means logging has become a thing of the past. Before, it was on us to track our own data, but now that data is automatically available. What does this mean for mHealth and the "connected" body? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Lisa Calkins, CEO and co-founder of Amadeus Consulting, will discuss the impact of wea...
May. 1, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 749
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 1, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,159
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
May. 1, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,027
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
May. 1, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 946
Digital payments using wearable devices such as smart watches, fitness trackers, and payment wristbands are an increasing area of focus for industry participants, and consumer acceptance from early trials and deployments has encouraged some of the biggest names in technology and banking to continue their push to drive growth in this nascent market. Wearable payment systems may utilize near field communication (NFC), radio frequency identification (RFID), or quick response (QR) codes and barcodes...
May. 1, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 818
SYS-CON Events announced today that Stratoscale, the software company developing the next generation data center operating system, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Stratoscale is revolutionizing the data center with a zero-to-cloud-in-minutes solution. With Stratoscale’s hardware-agnostic, Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) solution to store everything, run anything and scale everywhere...
May. 1, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,578
Angular 2 is a complete re-write of the popular framework AngularJS. Programming in Angular 2 is greatly simplified – now it's a component-based well-performing framework. This immersive one-day workshop at 18th Cloud Expo, led by Yakov Fain, a Java Champion and a co-founder of the IT consultancy Farata Systems and the product company SuranceBay, will provide you with everything you wanted to know about Angular 2.
May. 1, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,752
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
May. 1, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 829
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
May. 1, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,330
You deployed your app with the Bluemix PaaS and it's gaining some serious traction, so it's time to make some tweaks. Did you design your application in a way that it can scale in the cloud? Were you even thinking about the cloud when you built the app? If not, chances are your app is going to break. Check out this webcast to learn various techniques for designing applications that will scale successfully in Bluemix, for the confidence you need to take your apps to the next level and beyond.
May. 1, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,499
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
May. 1, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,094
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 1, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,030
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 1, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 931
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 1, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 987
There is an ever-growing explosion of new devices that are connected to the Internet using “cloud” solutions. This rapid growth is creating a massive new demand for efficient access to data. And it’s not just about connecting to that data anymore. This new demand is bringing new issues and challenges and it is important for companies to scale for the coming growth. And with that scaling comes the need for greater security, gathering and data analysis, storage, connectivity and, of course, the...
May. 1, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 870
SYS-CON Events announced today that DatacenterDynamics has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. DatacenterDynamics is a brand of DCD Group, a global B2B media and publishing company that develops products to help senior professionals in the world's most ICT dependent organizations make risk-based infrastructure and capacity decisions.
May. 1, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,506
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, will discuss how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to im...
Apr. 30, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,709
This is not a small hotel event. It is also not a big vendor party where politicians and entertainers are more important than real content. This is Cloud Expo, the world's longest-running conference and exhibition focused on Cloud Computing and all that it entails. If you want serious presentations and valuable insight about Cloud Computing for three straight days, then register now for Cloud Expo.
Apr. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,739