|By Business Wire||
|February 5, 2014 04:50 PM EST||
Sierra Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ:SWIR) (TSX:SW):
Q4 highlights from continuing operations
- Record revenue of $118.6 million, up 5.7% compared to Q3, 2013
- Adjusted EBITDA of $6.2 million, compared to $5.9 million in Q3, 2013
- Non-GAAP earnings from operations of $2.6 million, compared to $2.4 million in Q3, 2013
Full year highlights from continuing operations
- Record revenue of $441.9 million, up 11.2% year-over-year
- Adjusted EBITDA of $18.7 million, up 47.9% year-over-year
- Non-GAAP earnings from operations of $5.0 million, compared to $0.9 million in 2012
Sierra Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ:SWIR) (TSX:SW) today reported results for its fourth quarter and full year, ending December 31, 2013. All results are reported in U.S. dollars and are prepared in accordance with United States generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), except as otherwise indicated below.
“We achieved record revenue in the fourth quarter, closing out a year in which we delivered solid operational results, sold our AirCard business, and began putting the proceeds to work on acquisitions that extend our leadership position in M2M,” said Jason Cohenour, President and Chief Executive Officer. “We are exceptionally well positioned to capture the long-term M2M growth opportunity, and we are focused on continuing to drive profitable organic revenue growth, while we pursue additional acquisitions.”
As a result of the sale of the AirCard business, as well as our recent acquisition of the AnyDATA M2M business and our contemplated acquisition of In Motion Technology, our segments have changed from those reported at December 31, 2012. We are now reporting two segments, OEM Solutions and Enterprise Solutions, and all prior periods have been retrospectively adjusted to reflect the two segments.
Revenue for the fourth quarter of 2013 was $118.6 million, an increase of 8.4% compared to $109.4 million in the fourth quarter of 2012, and an increase of 5.7% compared to $112.3 million in the third quarter of 2013. Revenue from OEM Solutions was $101.8 million in the fourth quarter of 2013, up 7.4% compared to $94.9 million in the fourth quarter of 2012. Revenue from Enterprise Solutions was $16.8 million in the fourth quarter of 2013, up 15.3% compared to $14.5 million in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Gross margin was $38.4 million, or 32.4% of revenue, in the fourth quarter of 2013, compared to $36.2 million, or 33.1% of revenue, in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Operating expenses were $42.0 million and loss from operations was $3.5 million in the fourth quarter of 2013, compared to operating expenses of $37.7 million and a loss from operations of $1.5 million in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Net loss from continuing operations was $1.9 million, or $0.06 per diluted share, in the fourth quarter of 2013, compared to net earnings from continuing operations of $15.5 million, or $0.50 per diluted share, in the fourth quarter of 2012. Net earnings in Q4, 2012 included an income tax recovery that was the result of the recognition of certain tax assets that were realizable as a result of the sale of the AirCard business.
- Net loss for continuing and discontinued operations(1) was $0.9 million, or $0.03 per diluted share, in the fourth quarter of 2013, compared to net earnings of $19.6 million, or $0.64 per diluted share, in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Gross margin was 32.5% in the fourth quarter of 2013, compared to 33.2% in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Operating expenses were $36.0 million and earnings from operations were $2.6 million in the fourth quarter of 2013, compared to operating expenses of $32.6 million and earnings from operations of $3.7 million in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization ("Adjusted EBITDA") were $6.2 million in the fourth quarter of 2013, compared to $7.0 million in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Net earnings from continuing operations were $3.1 million, or $0.10 per diluted share, in the fourth quarter of 2013, compared to $4.5 million, or $0.15 per diluted share, in the fourth quarter of 2012.
Full Year 2013
Revenue for the year ended December 31, 2013 was $441.9 million, up 11.2% compared to $397.3 million for the year ended December 31, 2012. Revenue from OEM Solutions was $382.0 million for the year ended December 31, 2013, up 10.2% compared to $346.5 million for the year ended December 31, 2012. Revenue from Enterprise Solutions was $59.9 million for the year ended December 31, 2013, up 17.8% compared to $50.8 million for the year ended December 31, 2012.
- Gross margin was $145.6 million, or 33.0% of revenue, for the year ended December 31, 2013, compared to $125.3 million, or 31.5% of revenue, for the year ended December 31, 2012.
- Operating expenses were $163.3 million and loss from operations was $17.7 million for the year ended December 31, 2013, compared to operating expenses of $147.5 million and a loss from operations of $22.2 million for the year ended December 31, 2012.
- Net loss from continuing operations was $15.6 million, or $0.50 per diluted share, for the year ended December 31, 2013, compared to a net loss of $4.2 million, or $0.14 per diluted share, for the year ended December 31, 2012. Net earnings in 2012 included an income tax recovery that was the result of the recognition of certain tax assets that were realizable as a result of the sale of the AirCard business.
- Net earnings from continuing and discontinued operations(1) was $55.0 million, or $1.79 per diluted share, for the year ended December 31, 2013, compared to net earnings of $27.2 million, or $0.88 per diluted share, for the year ended December 31, 2012.
- Gross margin was 33.1% for the year ended December 31, 2013, compared to 31.6% for the year ended December 31, 2012.
- Operating expenses were $141.0 million and earnings from operations were $5.0 million for the year ended December 31, 2013, compared to operating expenses of $124.7 million and earnings from operations of $0.9 million for the year ended December 31, 2012.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $18.7 million for the year ended December 31, 2013, compared to $12.6 million for the year ended December 31, 2012.
- Net earnings from continuing operations were $6.9 million, or $0.23 per diluted share, for the year ended December 31, 2013, compared to a net loss of $0.4 million, or $0.01 per diluted share, for the year ended December 31, 2012.
Non-GAAP results exclude the impact of stock-based compensation expense, acquisition costs, gain on sale of the AirCard business, restructuring costs, integration costs, disposition costs, acquisition amortization, impairment, foreign exchange gains or losses on foreign currency contracts and translation of balance sheet accounts, and certain tax adjustments. We disclose non-GAAP amounts as we believe that these measures provide our shareholders with better information about actual operating results and assist in comparisons from one period to another.
Adjusted EBITDA as defined equates to earnings (loss) from operations plus stock-based compensation expense, acquisition costs, restructuring costs, integration costs, impairment, and amortization. The reconciliation between our GAAP and non-GAAP results is provided in the accompanying schedules.
(1) On April 2, 2013, we completed the sale of substantially all of the assets and operations related to our AirCard business. The results of operations and the gain on sale of the AirCard business have been presented as discontinued operations for the three and twelve months ended December 31, 2013 and December 31, 2012.
The Company provides the following guidance for continuing operations for the first quarter of 2014.
In the first quarter of 2014 we expect solid year-over-year revenue and earnings growth. We expect gross margin to decrease slightly from Q4, 2013 due to a shift in product mix and we expect operating expenses to increase as a result of higher new product certification costs, investment in sales and marketing capabilities, and a full quarter of expenses related to the AnyDATA acquired business.
|Q1 2014 Guidance||
|Revenue||$117.0 to $121.0 million|
|Earnings from operations||$0.5 to $1.5 million|
|Net earnings||$0.4 to $1.2 million|
|Earnings per share||$0.01 to $0.04 per share|
This non-GAAP guidance for the first quarter of 2014 reflects current business indicators and expectations. Inherent in this guidance are risk factors that are described in greater detail in our regulatory filings. Our actual results could differ materially from those presented above. All figures are approximations based on management's current beliefs and assumptions.
Conference call, webcast and instant replay details
Sierra Wireless President and CEO, Jason Cohenour, and CFO, David McLennan, will host a conference call and webcast with analysts and investors to review the results on Wednesday, February 5, 2014, at 5:30 PM Eastern Time (2:30 PM PT). A live slide presentation will be available for viewing during the call from the link provided below.
To participate in this conference call, please dial the following number approximately ten minutes prior to the commencement of the call:
- Toll-free (Canada and US): 1-877-201-0168
- Alternate number: 1-647-788-4901
- Conference ID: 18174338
For those unable to participate in the live call, a replay will be available until March 5, 2014. Dial 1-855-859-2056 or 1-800-585-8367 and enter the Conference ID number above to access the replay.
To access the webcast, please follow the link below:
If the above link does not work, please copy and paste the following URL into your browser:
The webcast will remain available at the above link for one year following the call.
We look forward to having you participate in our call.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
Certain statements and information in this press release are not based on historical facts and constitute forward-looking statements or forward-looking information within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and Canadian securities laws (“forward-looking statements”) including statements and information relating to our financial guidance for the first quarter of 2014 and our fiscal year 2014, our business outlook for the short and longer term and our strategy, plans and future operating performance. Forward-looking statements are provided to help you understand our views of our short and longer term prospects. We caution you that forward-looking statements may not be appropriate for other purposes. We will not update or revise our forward-looking statements unless we are required to do so by securities laws.
- Typically include words and phrases about the future such as “outlook”, “may”, “estimates”, “intends”, “believes”, “plans”, “anticipates” and “expects”.
- Are not promises or guarantees of future performance. They represent our current views and may change significantly.
- Are based on a number of material assumptions, including those listed below, which could prove to be significantly incorrect:
- Our ability to develop, manufacture and sell new products and services that meet the needs of our customers and gain commercial acceptance;
- Our ability to continue to sell our products and services in the expected quantities at the expected prices and expected times;
- Expected cost of goods sold;
- Expected component supply constraints;
- Our ability to “win” new business;
- Expected deployment of next generation networks by wireless network operators;
- Our operations are not adversely disrupted by component shortages or other development, operating or regulatory risks; and
- Expected tax rates and foreign exchange rates.
- Are subject to substantial known and unknown material risks and uncertainties. Many factors could cause our actual results, achievements and developments in our business to differ significantly from those expressed or implied by our forward-looking statements, including without limitation, the following factors. These risk factors and others are discussed in our Annual Information Form and Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations, which may be found on SEDAR at www.sedar.com and on EDGAR at www.sec.gov and in our other regulatory filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission in the United States and the Provincial Securities Commissions in Canada.
- Actual sales volumes or prices for our products and services may be lower than we expect for any reason including, without limitation, continuing uncertain economic conditions, price and product competition, different product mix, the loss of any of our significant customers, or competition from new or established wireless communication companies;
- The cost of products sold may be higher than planned or necessary component supplies may not be available, are delayed or are not available on commercially reasonable terms;
- We may be unable to enforce our intellectual property rights or may be subject to litigation that has an adverse outcome;
- The development and timing of the introduction of our new products may be later than we expect or may be indefinitely delayed;
- Transition periods associated with the migration to new technologies may be longer than we expect; and
- We may experience higher than anticipated costs; disruption of, and demands on, our ongoing business; diversion of management's time and attention; adverse effects on existing business relationships with suppliers and customers and employee issues in connection with the divestiture of the AirCard assets and operations.
About Sierra Wireless
Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is the global leader in machine-to-machine (M2M) devices and cloud services, delivering intelligent wireless solutions that simplify the connected world. We offer the industry's most comprehensive portfolio of 2G, 3G and 4G embedded modules and gateways, seamlessly integrated with our secure M2M cloud services. Customers worldwide, including OEMs, enterprises, and mobile network operators, trust our innovative solutions to get their connected products and services to market faster. Sierra Wireless has more than 850 employees globally and has R&D centers in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information about Sierra Wireless, visit www.sierrawireless.com.
"AirPrime," "AirLink," and "AirVantage" are trademarks of Sierra Wireless. Other product or service names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
SIERRA WIRELESS, INC.
CONSOLIDATED STATEMENTS OF OPERATIONS AND COMPREHENSIVE INCOME (LOSS)
(In thousands of U.S. dollars, except where otherwise stated)
Three months ended December 31,
|Twelve months ended December 31,|
|Cost of goods sold||80,165||73,172||296,219||272,047|
|Sales and marketing||10,693||10,176||42,182||37,067|
|Research and development||19,074||16,294||73,112||61,785|
|Loss from operations||(3,547)||(1,516)||(17,664)||(22,206)|
|Foreign exchange gain||1,921||1,608||3,823||3,326|
|Other income (expense)||26||35||(98)||(196)|
|Earnings (loss) before income taxes||(1,600)||127||(13,939)||(19,076)|
|Income tax expense (recovery)||345||(15,369)||1,611||(14,874)|
|Net earnings (loss) from continuing operations||(1,945)||15,523||(15,550)||(4,202)|
|Net earnings from discontinued operations||1,078||4,083||70,588||31,401|
Net earnings (loss)
|Other comprehensive income (loss):|
|Foreign currency translation adjustments, net of taxes of $nil||179||676||604||538|
|Comprehensive income (loss)||$||(688)||$||20,282||$||55,642||$||27,737|
|Basic and diluted net earnings (loss) per share attributable to the Company’s common shareholders (in dollars)|
|Weighted average number of shares outstanding (in thousands)|
SIERRA WIRELESS, INC.
CONSOLIDATED BALANCE SHEETS
(In thousands of U.S. dollars)
|December 31, 2013||December 31, 2012|
|Cash and cash equivalents||$||177,416||$||63,646|
|Accounts receivable, net of allowance for doubtful accounts of $2,279 (December 31, 2012 - $2,435)||112,490||108,624|
|Deferred income taxes||2,391||22,199|
|Prepaids and other||28,741||24,252|
|Assets held for sale||—||54,340|
|Property and equipment||21,982||20,039|
|Deferred income taxes||7,176||3,880|
|Accounts payable and accrued liabilities||$||124,846||$||128,216|
|Deferred revenue and credits||2,481||1,312|
|Liabilities held for sale||—||10,353|
|Deferred income taxes||127||300|
Common stock: no par value; unlimited shares authorized; issued
and outstanding 31,097,844 shares
Preferred stock: no par value; unlimited shares authorized; issued and outstanding: nil shares
|Treasury stock: at cost 507,147 shares (December 31, 2012 – 716,313 shares)||(5,137)||(5,172)|
|Additional paid-in capital||25,996||23,203|
|Retained earnings (deficit)||19,367||(35,283)|
|Accumulated other comprehensive loss||(6,858)||(7,462)|
SIERRA WIRELESS, INC.
CONSOLIDATED STATEMENTS OF CASH FLOWS
(In thousands of U.S. dollars)
|Three months ended December 31,||Twelve months ended December 31,|
|Cash flows provided by (used in):|
|Items not requiring (providing) cash|
|Gain on sale of AirCard business||—||—||(94,078)||—|
|Deferred income taxes||(855)||(9,701)||16,339||(13,606)|
|Loss (gain) on disposal of property, equipment, and intangibles||—||(76)||(10)||107|
|Impairment of assets related to discontinued operations||—||—||1,012||—|
|Tax benefit from equity awards||1,458||71||1,458||71|
|Taxes paid related to net settlement of equity awards||(66)||—||(408)||(4)|
|Changes in non-cash working capital|
|Prepaid expenses and other||4,616||6,014||(7,254)||(14,543)|
|Accounts payable and accrued liabilities||1,940||(26,540)||(13,139)||10,997|
|Deferred revenue and credits||662||(277)||1,147||(422)|
|Cash flows provided by (used in) operating activities||(3,738)||9,283||17,866||38,053|
|Purchase of M2M business of Sagemcom||—||—||—||(55,218)|
|Purchase of M2M business of AnyDATA||(5,196)||—||(5,196)||—|
|Additions to property and equipment||(1,649)||(3,995)||(11,359)||(15,845)|
|Proceeds from sale of property, equipment, and intangibles||—||83||32||139|
|Increase in intangible assets||(542)||(673)||(2,211)||(2,607)|
|Net proceeds from sale of AirCard business||—||—||119,958||—|
|Net change in short-term investments||2,751||—||(2,470)||9,347|
|Cash flows provided by (used in) investing activities||(4,636)||(4,585)||98,754||(64,184)|
|Issuance of common shares||3,159||9||8,106||436|
|Repurchase of common shares for cancellation||—||—||(5,772)||(6,312)|
|Purchase of treasury shares for RSU distribution||—||—||(3,433)||(2,489)|
|Decrease in other long-term obligations||(49)||(169)||(876)||(1,000)|
Cash flows provided by (used in) financing activities
|Effect of foreign exchange rate changes on cash and cash equivalents||(540)||(420)||(875)||(2,233)|
|Cash and cash equivalents, increase (decrease) in the period||(5,804)||4,118||113,770||(37,729)|
|Cash and cash equivalents, beginning of period||183,220||59,528||63,646||101,375|
|Cash and cash equivalents, end of period||$||177,416||$||63,646||$||177,416||$||63,646|
SIERRA WIRELESS, INC.
RECONCILIATION OF GAAP AND NON-GAAP RESULTS
|(in thousands of U.S. dollars, except where otherwise stated)|
|Gross margin - GAAP||$||38,443||$||37,346||$||36,474||$||33,378||$||36,233||$||31,086||$||30,081||$||27,874|
|Gross margin - Non-GAAP||$||38,562||$||37,463||$||36,569||$||33,453||$||36,294||$||31,168||$||30,159||$||27,957|
|Loss from operations - GAAP||$||(3,547)||$||(3,301)||$||(3,932)||$||(6,884)||$||(1,516)||$||(6,728)||$||(6,558)||$||(7,404)|
|Impairment of intangible asset||—||—||—||280||—||—||—||—|
|Acquisition related amortization||3,580||3,405||3,363||3,393||3,338||2,906||2,665||2,981|
|Earnings (loss) from operations - Non-GAAP||$||2,593||$||2,402||$||1,470||$||(1,412)||$||3,721||$||334||$||(360)||$||(2,797)|
|Amortization (excluding acquisition related amortization)||3,566||3,468||3,403||3,212||3,293||2,904||2,717||2,833|
|Net earnings (loss) from continuing operations - GAAP||$||(1,945)||$||1,075||$||(6,742)||$||(7,938)||$||15,523||$||(3,612)||$||(8,868)||$||(7,245)|
|Stock-based compensation, restructuring and other, integration, and acquisition related amortization, net of tax||6,112||5,760||5,393||5,355||5,162||6,885||5,658||4,536|
|Unrealized foreign exchange loss (gain)||(1,970)||(2,457)||(1,359)||1,874||(1,655)||(1,218)||(165)||(101)|
|Income tax adjustments||925||(895)||3,754||—||(14,540)||(804)||—||—|
|Net earnings (loss) from continuing operations - Non-GAAP||$||3,122||$||3,483||$||1,046||$||(709)||$||4,490||$||1,251||$||(3,375)||$||(2,810)|
|Net earnings (loss) from discontinued operations - GAAP||$||1,078||$||(505)||$||68,152||$||1,863||$||4,083||$||7,279||$||12,449||$||7,590|
|Stock-based compensation and disposition costs||3||1,402||876||1,733||1,696||233||233||233|
|Gain on sale of AirCard business||(1,056)||(49)||(69,077)||—||—||—||—||—|
|Net earnings (loss) from discontinued operations - Non-GAAP||$||25||$||848||$||(49)||$||3,596||$||5,779||$||7,512||$||12,682||$||7,823|
|Net earnings (loss) - GAAP||$||(867)||$||570||$||61,410||$||(6,075)||$||19,606||$||3,667||$||3,581||$||345|
|Net earnings (loss) - Non-GAAP||3,147||4,331||997||2,887||10,269||8,763||9,307||5,013|
|Diluted earnings (loss) from continuing operations per share|
|GAAP - (in dollars)||$||(0.06)||$||0.03||$||(0.22)||$||(0.26)||$||0.50||$||(0.12)||$||(0.29)||$||(0.23)|
|Non-GAAP - (in dollars)||$||0.10||$||0.11||$||0.03||$||(0.02)||$||0.15||$||0.04||$||(0.11)||$||(0.09)|
|Net earnings (loss) per share - diluted|
|GAAP - (in dollars)||$||(0.03)||$||0.02||$||2.00||$||(0.20)||$||0.64||$||0.12||$||0.12||$||0.01|
|Non-GAAP - (in dollars)||$||0.10||$||0.14||$||0.03||$||0.09||$||0.33||$||0.29||$||0.30||$||0.16|
SIERRA WIRELESS, INC.
|(In thousands of U.S. dollars)|
|Cost of goods sold||266,867||72,336||66,395||65,514||62,622||246,284||66,024||63,172||58,844||58,244|
|Gross margin %||30.1||%||29.0||%||30.7||%||31.1||%||29.8||%||28.9||%||30.4||%||28.4||%||29.4||%||27.3||%|
|Cost of goods sold||29,352||7,829||8,521||7,601||5,401||25,763||7,148||5,925||6,473||6,217|
|Gross margin %||51.0||%||53.3||%||48.1||%||47.6||%||55.6||%||49.3||%||50.8||%||50.3||%||46.5||%||49.2||%|
(1) Comparative information has been reclassified to conform to current period presentation.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Solgenia will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Solgenia is the global market leader in Cloud Collaboration and Cloud Infrastructure software solutions. Designed to “Bridge the Gap” between Personal and Professional Social, Mobile and Cloud user experiences, our solutions help large and medium-sized organizations dr...
Mar. 29, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,798
SYS-CON Events announced today that Liaison Technologies, a leading provider of data management and integration cloud services and solutions, has been named "Silver Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Liaison Technologies is a recognized market leader in providing cloud-enabled data integration and data management solutions to break down complex information barriers, enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions, faster.
Mar. 29, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,434
The WebRTC Summit 2014 New York, to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 16th International Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, Big Data Expo, and DevOps Summit.
Mar. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,566
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the M2M space. This really allows some room for influential individuals to create more high value inter...
Mar. 29, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,657
After making a doctor’s appointment via your mobile device, you receive a calendar invite. The day of your appointment, you get a reminder with the doctor’s location and contact information. As you enter the doctor’s exam room, the medical team is equipped with the latest tablet containing your medical history – he or she makes real time updates to your medical file. At the end of your visit, you receive an electronic prescription to your preferred pharmacy and can schedule your next appointment.
Mar. 29, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 741
The world's leading Cloud event, Cloud Expo has launched Microservices Journal on the SYS-CON.com portal, featuring over 19,000 original articles, news stories, features, and blog entries. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. Microservices Journal offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. Follow new article posts on Twitter at @MicroservicesE
Mar. 29, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,439
The list of ‘new paradigm’ technologies that now surrounds us appears to be at an all time high. From cloud computing and Big Data analytics to Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and the Internet of Things (IoT), today we have to deal with what the industry likes to call ‘paradigm shifts’ at every level of IT. This is disruption; of course, we understand that – change is almost always disruptive.
Mar. 29, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,093
SYS-CON Events announced today the IoT Bootcamp – Jumpstart Your IoT Strategy, being held June 9–10, 2015, in conjunction with 16th Cloud Expo and Internet of @ThingsExpo at the Javits Center in New York City. This is your chance to jumpstart your IoT strategy. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but includes hands-on demos and walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of Do-It-Yourself IoT platforms including Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark and Intel Edison. You will also get an overview of cloud technologies s...
Mar. 29, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,086
SYS-CON Events announced today that SafeLogic has been named “Bag Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo® New York, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. SafeLogic provides security products for applications in mobile and server/appliance environments. SafeLogic’s flagship product CryptoComply is a FIPS 140-2 validated cryptographic engine designed to secure data on servers, workstations, appliances, mobile devices, and in the Cloud.
Mar. 29, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,406
Wearable technology was dominant at this year’s International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) , and MWC was no exception to this trend. New versions of favorites, such as the Samsung Gear (three new products were released: the Gear 2, the Gear 2 Neo and the Gear Fit), shared the limelight with new wearables like Pebble Time Steel (the new premium version of the company’s previously released smartwatch) and the LG Watch Urbane. The most dramatic difference at MWC was an emphasis on presenting wearables as fashion accessories and moving away from the original clunky technology associated with t...
Mar. 29, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,390
SOA Software has changed its name to Akana. With roots in Web Services and SOA Governance, Akana has established itself as a leader in API Management and is expanding into cloud integration as an alternative to the traditional heavyweight enterprise service bus (ESB). The company recently announced that it achieved more than 90% year-over-year growth. As Akana, the company now addresses the evolution and diversification of SOA, unifying security, management, and DevOps across SOA, APIs, microservices, and more.
Mar. 29, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,047
GENBAND has announced that SageNet is leveraging the Nuvia platform to deliver Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) to its large base of retail and enterprise customers. Nuvia’s cloud-based solution provides SageNet’s customers with a full suite of business communications and collaboration tools. Two large national SageNet retail customers have recently signed up to deploy the Nuvia platform and the company will continue to sell the service to new and existing customers. Nuvia’s capabilities include HD voice, video, multimedia messaging, mobility, conferencing, Web collaboration, deskt...
Mar. 29, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,456
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Mar. 28, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,793
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cisco, the worldwide leader in IT that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cisco makes amazing things happen by connecting the unconnected. Cisco has shaped the future of the Internet by becoming the worldwide leader in transforming how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Cisco and our partners are building the platform for the Internet of Everything by connecting the...
Mar. 28, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,187
Temasys has announced senior management additions to its team. Joining are David Holloway as Vice President of Commercial and Nadine Yap as Vice President of Product. Over the past 12 months Temasys has doubled in size as it adds new customers and expands the development of its Skylink platform. Skylink leads the charge to move WebRTC, traditionally seen as a desktop, browser based technology, to become a ubiquitous web communications technology on web and mobile, as well as Internet of Things compatible devices.
Mar. 28, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,828
SYS-CON Events announced today that robomq.io will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. robomq.io is an interoperable and composable platform that connects any device to any application. It helps systems integrators and the solution providers build new and innovative products and service for industries requiring monitoring or intelligence from devices and sensors.
Mar. 28, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,461
Docker is an excellent platform for organizations interested in running microservices. It offers portability and consistency between development and production environments, quick provisioning times, and a simple way to isolate services. In his session at DevOps Summit at 16th Cloud Expo, Shannon Williams, co-founder of Rancher Labs, will walk through these and other benefits of using Docker to run microservices, and provide an overview of RancherOS, a minimalist distribution of Linux designed expressly to run Docker. He will also discuss Rancher, an orchestration and service discovery platf...
Mar. 28, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,419
SYS-CON Events announced today that Akana, formerly SOA Software, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo® New York, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Akana’s comprehensive suite of API Management, API Security, Integrated SOA Governance, and Cloud Integration solutions helps businesses accelerate digital transformation by securely extending their reach across multiple channels – mobile, cloud and Internet of Things. Akana enables enterprises to share data as APIs, connect and integrate applications, drive part...
Mar. 28, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,537
SYS-CON Events announced today that Vitria Technology, Inc. will exhibit at SYS-CON’s @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Vitria will showcase the company’s new IoT Analytics Platform through live demonstrations at booth #330. Vitria’s IoT Analytics Platform, fully integrated and powered by an operational intelligence engine, enables customers to rapidly build and operationalize advanced analytics to deliver timely business outcomes for use cases across the industrial, enterprise, and consumer segments.
Mar. 28, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,156
Cloud is not a commodity. And no matter what you call it, computing doesn’t come out of the sky. It comes from physical hardware inside brick and mortar facilities connected by hundreds of miles of networking cable. And no two clouds are built the same way. SoftLayer gives you the highest performing cloud infrastructure available. One platform that takes data centers around the world that are full of the widest range of cloud computing options, and then integrates and automates everything. Join SoftLayer on June 9 at 16th Cloud Expo to learn about IBM Cloud's SoftLayer platform, explore se...
Mar. 28, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,632